The Preschool Press
January 14, 2022
Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding this week. Many of your reached out with thoughts of prayers, offers to run errands for sick teachers, or substitute. Your kindness is appreciated more than you know. I'm hopeful the days off prevented further spread of the virus in our community. We are looking forward to seeing everyone back on Tuesday!
Next Week at a Glance
MLK Day-No school
The time to re-enroll for the 22-23 school year is here. Below is a timeline for families returning to ECDC in the 22-23 school year.
- Parents of Bee and Raccoon students will receive an email invitation to complete the online re-enrollment. If you have questions about your child's readiness for next year, please contact your child's teacher.
- Parents will also receive an email with instructions to request a change of days for 22-23. Students attending PK4 may attend 2 days, 3 days, 4 days, or 5 days and students attending TK may attend 3, 4, or 5 days.
Re-enrollment and registration fees are due for students returning to ECDC. Families who do not re-enroll by this day will not be guaranteed a spot in 22-23.
Requests to make a change in your child’s days/week attendance for 22-23 are due this day. If no request is made, your child will be assigned the same days he currently attends.
Open enrollment begins for prospective students on the waiting list.
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO