ACP High School Knightly Update
New School Update - May 20, 2021
Good afternoon and welcome to ACP High School. For those that are new to ACP, welcome! My name is Rob Bickes and I am extremely excited to serve as principal of ACP High School, and look forward to beginning this next adventure with our new and returning students in July. We will be welcoming students to a wonderful campus and I cannot wait to see what we will accomplish as a school. I look forward to getting to know everyone while welcoming you to our new home. It's going to be an awesome experience and I am happy you will be a part of this journey.
The purpose of this newsletter is to share some school updates with everyone as we work to make the transition to the new campus as smooth as possible. I want to thank my administrative team, the faculty and staff, and the numerous community volunteers who took the time to participate on our School Development Committee to help guide the direction of our new campus. Over the last several months, many conversations and discussions took place and various viewpoints were heard. Out of these meetings new ideas and suggestions were garnered and various site guidelines formed. Thank you to everyone who participated in these discussions and for helping to develop the framework for ACP High School. I firmly believe we have a wonderful school structure in place that will benefit our students throughout their high school years and long after graduating from ACP High. Our school's mantra is to "strive for the impossible and be extraordinary" and we will do just that when we open our doors.
Please take a few minutes to read this update in its entirety and know that additional information will be shared throughout the summer. The majority of site communication is done electronically, but updates are always posted on our school's website, www.cusd80.com/acphs. Regardless, if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact me.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of ACP High School. I cannot wait to see our students walking the hallways of our new campus. Go, KNIGHTS!
Welcome to ACP High School!
Mr. Bickes, with the help of J2 Media shares a bit about our campus in a short introductory video. To help orient viewers as to the campus locations discussed in the video, an aerial map and building specifics of the new campus is provided. Simply click on the button to access this information. Enjoy!
ACP High School General Information
2021-2022 Anticipated Bell Schedule
Virtual Day of the Knights & Campus Tours
Student schedules will also be posted on the students Infinite Campus account on July 15th. If a schedule change is required (see approved reasons), a form will be available online for students to request appropriate changes. Schedule changes will only be made for the following reasons:
- A failure in a previous course that necessitates repeating
- A course listed on your schedule that was taken in summer school
- A graduation requirement is missing from your schedule and you are a senior
- A schedule that is incomplete (i.e. less than six courses listed)
Beginning, Monday, July 19th, guided campus tours will be available for families to participate. Information about these tours will be shared in our summer newsletter. Tours will take place the afternoons of July 19th and 20th from 3:00-7:00. During these tours, students will have the opportunity to locate their classrooms and have any questions answered by our student tour guides. Look for more information about these tours in our summer Knightly Update.
ACP High School Student Parking
ACP High School students that drive may park in one of our student parking lots. Students must complete the Parking Application Form and MUST have a current and valid driver’s license and insurance card. Copies of both items must be uploaded when submitting the parking permit application. Learning permits are not accepted. Parking permits are $80.00 for the school year and no refunds will be given. Once the parking application form has been submitted, students may choose their parking space by contacting the office.
Students and parents will be required to sign the application form indicating they have read the following rules and guidelines. By electronically signing the application form, the student agrees to abide by and follow the rules as listed.
General Parking Rules & Information
1. Students will have an assigned parking space and must park in that space.
2. Parking permits are not to be shared, borrowed, purchased, or sold to/from another student.
3. Students must always have their parking hangar visible. If lost, replacement fee is $5.
4. Student vehicles may be searched if reasonable suspicion warrants. Students must cooperate with authorities if access to a vehicle is requested.
5. Students must lock (secure) their vehicle at all times. All students park at their own risk. CUSD/ACP is not responsible for any theft, vandalism, or damage to any vehicle or personal property inside a vehicle.
6. All accidents and/or vandalism should be reported immediately to school security.
7. Students must obey all traffic laws and school rules to include but not limited to:
- a. Follow campus speed limit (10 miles per hour)
- b. Control and/or use of vehicle
- c. Follow all directions of school employees
- d. No passengers in the back of an open truck bed
- e. No driving over curbs
- f. All trash around your vehicle must be picked up
8. Students who are parked illegally may receive a parking citation or violation sticker. Students who continue to park without proper documentation may be towed, booted, or receive a disciplinary consequence. Students will pay for towing and storage if a vehicle is towed because of administrative or law enforcement actions.
9. Violation of parking rules may result in the loss of parking privileges and permit without refund of fees.
10. Students may NOT park vehicles along neighborhood streets. All student vehicles must be parked on campus property.
Families will be able to pay the $80 parking permit fee via this summer's Virtual Day of the Knights (Virtual Day of the Knights will open Thursday, July 15). Fees must be paid by 11:59 PM, July 23rd. If fees are not paid by this time, the space will be released and open to other students. Beginning July 21st, students who have paid the $80 fee may pick up their parking hangar for their assigned space from our bookstore and hang the placard in their vehicle prior to arriving the following day.
ACP High School District Transportation
Families that do not live within the 2-square mile boundary of ACP High School have the option of utilizing district transportation to get their child(ren) to and from school. The CUSD Transportation Department will provide stops at the following locations for those living in the CUSD boundaries.
- ACP Middle School (currently ACP-Erie)
- Conley Elementary
- Galveston Elementary
- San Marcos Elementary
- Hamilton High School
- Perry High School
- Payne Junior High School
- Basha High School
- Santan Junior High School
All students that live within the Chandler School District will be automatically assigned the bus stop closest to their GEO code for their home address. Letters will be sent to the students home address address listed on their Infinite Campus account after June 30th. .
Students wanting to ride the bus that do not reside within the Chandler Boundaries, MUST submit the Open Enrollment Special Request Transportation Request Form.
Student Dress Standards
ACP High School Administrative Team
Stay In Touch!
ACP-Erie Contact Information (through June, 2021)
1150 W. Erie St. Chandler, AZ 85224
Find us on the web: www.cusd80.com/acphs