August 8, 2020
During that time, I shared that administration would be involved in a very important meeting with updates... We had the meeting. I must tell you that a final decision hasn't been made of the instructional model that we will use. What was shared with us was a draft of a presentation that will be shared with our board on Thursday, August 13, 2020 (11:30--5PM). A few highlights:
- "Dallas ISD is committed to providing high-quality instruction for every student, regardless of the instructional model."
- There are three instructional models in the draft:
- Distance only
- Mixed: On campus and Distance (Teachers support both on-campus AND distance students)
- Teachers assigned ONLY on-campus OR distance students, not both.
- Teachers, Campus Administrators, Special Education, and Parents were surveyed and option 2 is the preference. This means "two consecutive days on campus each week for students. Wednesdays are 'at-home' days with only designated students on campus."
- Professional development has been designed for administration, teachers, students, and parents
- A final decision has not been made regarding extracurricular, sports, and internships.
This is where we are right now. Please participate in the upcoming Dallas ISD conversations for parents as well as watch the district website for the most current information.
Thank you for supporting Rosie Sorrells School of Education and Social Services!
We Need You!
The Family & Community Engagement Office is launching a 2-week Virtual Parent Conference beginning next Tuesday, August 11th. These sessions will inform parents about the opening of school and provide a variety of topics. Principals, please review and share the schedule and registration link with parents and community members.
In addition, in collaboration with Communications, a weekly parent newsletter will now be published to communicate the latest information aimed to assist families. The newsletter will be sent to principals, parents and community members through a variety of social media and district outlets.