Week of October 9th, 2017
- Watering Schedule - There are only a few spots left! If your class is interested in taking a slot on the schedule, sign up HERE
- Reminder from Nurse Jill - If you signed up for a flu shot, Dr. Swaldi’s office will be here between 12-12:45 on Tuesday, October 11th in the small conference room located in the office. Please bring all of your paperwork filled out and ready to go along with a copy of your insurance card and driver’s license!
- Dictionary Inventory - Please complete the Dictionary Inventory HERE for Kaylyn.
- LPAC Management System - Please pick your day, and sign up for the training (see below for more info).
- October FedEx - Please register for the October FedEx session (see info below).
- Bathroom Monitoring - Please make sure are monitoring learners going to the B/C bathrooms (both as a whole class and as much as possible independently). Because these bathrooms are getting lots of extra traffic, they are experiencing a little abuse... We won't go into additional info. ;)
- 3rd-5th STAAR Supplemental Aides -Some of the rules for STAAR have changed. The RtI committee can now decide if a learner needs a supplemental aid on the assessment. Please review this presentation to determine supplemental aids that you might begin using with learners now.
-All Subjects: Slides 9-12
- Wilson Fest! - Wilson Fest is right around the corner... Here are a few details to give you a "heads up" of what to expect!
-Wilson Fest - October 27th from 5:00-8:00
-Each team is being asked to host a decorated "Trunk or Treat" car. You can be
reimbursed for decor if needed. Candy AND volunteers (fingers crossed) will be
-Email Lori if you are willing to be a part of the raffle (Mummy Wrap & Pie in the
Face). Raffle activities will happen at 7:45.
- Stop, Collaborate, & Listen - The next round of S,C, & L are coming up! My expectation is for at least 1 person per team to attend (of course, more is great). Below are the dates for each grade level.
Kindergarten - Oct 12 - 3:30-5:00 at Town Center Elementary
1st Grade - Oct 10 - 3:30-5:00 at Town Center Elementary
2nd Grade - Oct 12 - 3:30-5:00 at Town Center Elementary
3rd Grade - Oct 10 - 3:30-5:00 at Town Center Elementary
4th Grade - Oct 12 -3:30-5:00 at Town Center Elementary
5th Grade - Oct 10 - 3:30-5:00 at Town Center Elementary
Info Too Good To Miss
- Be sure to congratulate Mrs. Q.... She is the proud recipient of a $1,000 Art Grant from Burlington Coat Factory. Way to go Mrs. Q!
- Long Distance Access - Several campuses brought up the concern of how inconvenient it is for educators to not have long distance access from their classrooms (especially given that it is parent conference "season"). After hearing the concerns, Mr. Hunt has agreed to add long distance to each classroom phone. I don't have the details on when it will happen, but I wanted to pass it along!
- Homecoming Parade - If you are joining in the fun on Wednesday for our Wilson Homecoming Parade Float, feel free to wear jeans and a Wilson Spirit Shirt.
Reminders - Please register for the Euphoria course using the link below.
Also, please be sure to share your FedEx reflection (for credit) using the link below.
- Science Trainings - Stop, Investigate, & Listen and 3rd Grade ADI Training.
- District TAIS Action Steps
New LPAC Management System
LPAC Management System Training
The District is changing the system for LPAC Management. You will document your EL accommodations in the new system as well as be able to have lots of helpful information regarding your learners --all at your fingertips!
All K-5 classroom educators need to attend one of the two following trainings:
Monday, October 23rd - https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=9019
Monday, November 13th - https://coppell.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=9020
Flex hours will be granted.
Week At A Glance
- No school!
- Sleep in.
- Enjoy time with family.
- Go outside.
- See a movie.
- Take a walk.
- 1st Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 1st, 3rd, 5th - Stop, Collaborate, & Listen
- Kinder Collaborative Team Time
- 5th Grade Design Day
- FedEx - 3:30
- Homecoming Parade
- 5th Grade Collaborative Team Time
- 3rd Grade Design Day
- Kinder, 2nd, 4th - Stop, Collaborate, & Listen
- StuCo Training @ Mockingbird
- Fire Safety Clown Show - Kinder-2nd - 9:00
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration - 2:15