Richey's First Take
Sunday, October 23, 2022
I had a meeting with the Pettinaro group. They are the business that runs parallel to our playground. They noticed an influx of foot and car traffic in their parking lot. The Pettinaro group rents out the space behind their building to multiple tenants that are in and out of their area. The Pettinaro group and the administrative team at Richey realize there is a lot of traffic in that area. We feel this could be an unsafe drop-off and pick-up location for our students and parents. We ask for our Richey families to not pull their cars into the Pettinaro parking lot for drop-off or dismissal. When picking up or dropping off, we should be using our circle in the front or parking on a side street.
If you are cutting through Pettinaro on foot, we ask you not to walk through the middle of the parking lot and to stay to the side of the parking lot.
When you are parking on the side streets, please be careful driving because we have many students walking home. Please take it slow and keep a look out for our students.
Thank you for your cooperation with this.
10/26/22 - PAWS Fall Fun Fest - Fun Fall Activities for Students to enjoy!
10/28/22 - PAWS Spirit Day - Wear your Richey Spirit Wear or Blue and Yellow
On October 26, we will have our PAWS Fall Fun Fest and we could really use your help with decorating for the event. Do you have any hay bales, pumpkins, or scarecrows that you would like to donate? Please contact Jaclyn.Durant@redclay.k12.de.us
Interesting in volunteering at the event that afternoon? Please contact email@example.com
On October 25th Richey Welcomes SaulPaul!
On October 25th Richey Elementary is excited to welcome SaulPaul, a Grammy award-nominated musician with a message! He will perform his latest album “Be the Change '' for our students. His lyrics are filled with encouragement to be yourself and pursue your purpose. This week, students started the SaulPaul “Be the Change” challenge, where they will engage in 10 days of random acts of kindness activities here at school.
Note from Nurse O'Connor
Vision screenings for K,2,4 will be the week of 10/24/22. There will be a paper from Vision To Learn sent home with any student who fails the screening. When the paper comes back to the nurse signed by the parent/guardian she will schedule the Vision To Learn van to come to Richey where an optometrist will examine their eyes and order glasses if needed.
Delaware Smile Program
The Delaware Smile Check Program believes every child deserves a healthy mouth and smile. Dental services are available to students who have no dental insurance, are insured by Delaware Medicaid or Delaware Healthy Children Program, and have not received routine dental care (dental cleaning, examination, fluoride) in the past 7 months.
Richey Coat and Blanket Giveaway
Family Math Night
- October 25: RCCSD Choice Information Night, 6 PM, Location TBD
- October 26: PAWS Fall Fun Fest - Fun Fall Activities for Students to enjoy!
- October 28: PAWS Spirit Day - Wear your Richey Spirit Wear or Blue and Yellow
- October 28: PTO's Trunk or Treat, 5:30 PM-7:30 PM
- October 28: Richey Coat and Blanket Giveaway
- November 1: End of First Marking Period
- November 7: No School - Staff Inservice
- November 7: 23/24 School Choice Application Opens
- November 8: Election Day - Schools and Offices Closed
- November 9: Family Math Night 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
- November 11: Veterans Day - Schools and Offices Closed
- November 14: Cab Calloway Choice Open House 6:00 pm
- November 15: PTO Meeting 6:30 pm
- November 16: Red Clay Board Meeting 7:00 pm. At Richardson Park or on Zoom
- November 17: Conrad Schools of Science Choice Open House 6:00 pm
- November 21-22: Parent/Guardian Conferences- Schools Closed
- November 23: No School - Staff Inservice
- November 24-25: Thanksgiving Break- Schools and Offices Closed
- November 28: Dickinson (MYP ONLY) Choice Open House 6:00 pm
- November 29: Brandywine Springs (Middle School Only) Open House 6:00 pm
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that the Box Tops for Education Program is 100% digital and it's an easy way to help earn funds for our PTO? Simply download the Box Tops for Education App to get started and be sure to share the information with your friends and family. We earn money when receipts with eligible items are scanned.
Students are late after 9:00 am. It is very important for our students to be here before 9:00 am because we start our instructional day at 9:00 am.
Students arriving after 9 am require their parent/guardian to enter the school to sign them in for the school day.
Where's the bus App
Wouldn’t it be great if you could learn the exact location of your child’s bus, and what time it will arrive at their stop? Red Clay has an app for that! WheresTheBusTM allows families to follow the progress of the bus before it arrives at the student’s assigned stop. Knowing when the bus will arrive translates into peace of mind for parents. Mornings are less hectic and stressful for families when you eliminate the bus stop rush and uncertainty of wondering when the bus will arrive. Families can minimize waiting outside in inclement weather while enjoying more family time together.
- The app also allows parents to see in real-time where the bus is and when their student checked in on the bus and off of the bus. This allows parents to know that the student has arrived at school in the morning and returned home in the afternoon.
Signing up is free, and takes less than 5 minutes.
1. Open the Parents Section (on the Left).
2. Click Set Up Free Account
3. Select Red Clay School District (DE) from the drop-down list.
4. Enter Parent and Student information
5. Once Completed, you will receive an email to download the app.