Concord High School
August 2022 - UPDATE
Message from Your Proud Principal
It's hard to believe that the 2022-2023 School Year is right around the corner. We are so excited to see our students and teachers. We have worked hard all summer to prepare for the upcoming school year. We cannot wait to welcome all of our Raiders back.
Our theme this year is All In: 1 Concord, 1 Community. This theme aligns with The Concord Way: Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. We will intentionally work together to foster a caring and connected community where all students feel like they belong.
Below you will see a list of important dates for the fall. Please take note of the start dates for our students.
All incoming 9th graders and their families are invited to the Class of 2026 Orientation on Tuesday, August 23, 2022 from 5:00- 7:30pm. This is a great opportunity to meet new friends, tour the school, and learn about the Concord Way!
You will get more frequent updates from me as the school year approaches! Please use our school website to view pertinent information, https://www.brandywineschools.org/concord.
- Aug 23- 9th Grade Meet & Greet/Orientation (5:00- 7:30)
- Aug 29- First Day of School- 9th and 12th Graders ONLY
- Aug 30- ALL Students report to CHS
- Sept 5 - Labor Day- Schools and Offices Closed
- Sept 20- Open House (6:00pm-9:00pm)
- Sept 26 - Schools Closed- Offices Open- Rosh Hashana
- Sept 28- Paying for College (6:30 pm)
- Oct 5 - Schools Closed-offices Open- Yom Kippur
- Oct 12- FASFA Completion Workshop (6:30 pm)
- Oct 14 - Schools Closed, Offices Open- State Professional Development Day
- Oct 24- Parent/Teacher Conferences, Schools Closed, Teachers Report
- Oct 24-28- Spirit Week
- Oct 29- Homecoming
- Nov 8- Election Day- Schools and Office Closed
- Nov 10- Schools Closed/Offices Open - Teacher Professional Responsibilities Day
- Nov 11- Veteran's Day- Schools and Offices Closed
- Nov 21- Nov 25- Schools Closed (Office Closed on 11/24-11/25 ONLY)
- Dec 7- District PD Day- Students are Asynchronous
- Dec 15- Scholarship Presentation
- Dec 22- Jan 2- Schools Closed (Offices Closed 12/23, 12/26 & 1/2 ONLY)
Click here for the entire BSD District Calendar: https://www.brandywineschools.org/Page/5287
PRE-SEASON Starts on Monday, August 15, 2022
DIAA Physicals + Fall Sports Head Coaches**FALL PRESEASON BEGINS ON AUGUST 15**
FOR ALL OF YOUR DIAA PHYSICAL INFORMATION CLICK ON THE BOX BELOW, THEN CLICK ON THE PHYSICAL INFO. TAB LOCATED ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE DIRECTLY ABOVE THE FALL SPORTS.
If you have any sport specific questions contact the head coach-
Football - Tom Wood - Thomas.Wood@bsd.k12.de.us
Cheerleading - Tiffany Simmons - Tiffany.Simmons@bsd.k12.de.us
Fall Crew - Holly Dodge - Hollyldodge@gmail.com
Boys Cross Country - Joe Consiglio - Joseph.Consiglio@bsd.k12.de.us
Girls Cross Country - Jill McDermott - Jill.McDermott@bsd.k12.de.us
Field Hockey - Sandra Wermus - Sandra.Wermus@bsd.k12.de.us
Boys Soccer - Frank Carter - Frank.Carter@bsd.k12.de.us
Girls Volleyball - George Carr- firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out what's happening with athletics!
CLICK the Bar BELOW
All of the Fall sports teams' schedules are posted on the Raiders Sports website.
When students return, the Counseling Team will prioritize changes to students' schedules in this order:
- Any student who is missing a REQUIRED course
- Any student who is in the wrong level course
- Any student who wants/desires to make a change
SUMMER READING & Required AP work
Student Last Name A-D --------------------Mrs. Barbara Everett
Student Last Name E-K --------------------Mrs. Michele Alivernini
Student Last Name L-R --------------------Mr. Kyle Gaffney
Student Last Name S-Z --------------------Mrs. Karen Roskovensky
For more information regarding graduation requirements, career and college planning, as well as scheduling, please visit the Concord High School, School Counseling webpage: https://www.brandywineschools.org/domain/2749
Class of 2023- Seniors
College Application Notebook (attached)
We are excited to share our Class of 2023 - College Application Notebook. Please review with your senior. You will find numerous links, videos, and information which will be both helpful and necessary throughout the college application process. The most common questions we receive are answered in this digital notebook.
Once school begins, we encourage all seniors to schedule a Senior Meeting with their counselor regardless of plans after Concord. Seniors can make an appointment in the counseling office with our administrative assistant, Mrs. Brown.
Concord will host very beneficial in-person evening meetings regarding paying for college and financial aid. You can find details in the notebook and in the Concord Counseling - Class of 2023 Schoology group. When links become available, please register through the Class of 2023 Schoology group:
- September 28 - 6:30pm - Paying for College
- October 12 - 6:30pm - FAFSA Completion Workshop
- December 15 - 6:30pm - Scholarship Presentation
It is normal for students (and adults) to feel overwhelmed at first. We suggest making a chart, calendar, or spreadsheet, and checking off one step at a time. It can be tedious, but be patient, breathe, and connect with your counselor regarding a Senior Meeting and any related questions.