safety tips to be safe near electricity
Safety tips to be safe near electricity
- Never play with electrical cords, wires, switches, or plugs.
- Stay away from fallen power lines. Tell an adult if you see a fallen line.
- Never use a hairdryer or play an electrical radio or television near a bathtub or sink.
- Before you climb a tree, look up. If a power line is nearby or touching, stay away from the tree.
More safety tips to be safe near electricity
- Never touch anything that runs on electricity when your hands are wet.
- Fly kites and model airplanes in a wide open field or park—never near overhead electrical wires.
- Never climb utility poles or electrical towers.
- Stay away from substations and transformers (green boxes).