The Red Bird Express
Building Our Future... One Child at a Time
January 4 - 8, 2016
Quote of the Week... New Year's Focus on Team...Happy New Year!
"All winning teams are goal oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract them from achieving their aims." ~Alexander Graham Bell
Good News Gets Around!
- To Mrs. Issa - She is always willing to go above and beyond to help our team. She is wonderful with our fifth graders. Mrs. Issa is a fantastic person and we are very happy to work with her. ~ The Fifth Grade Team
- To Rebecca Barry - Rebecca has been a wonderful addition to our staff. She is very knowledgeable about pulling materials that would be appropriate for a lesson we are doing. She works well with all of the students and is very flexible about change the schedule if needed. ~ Carla Ricther
School Safety Audit - January 5
The Office of Safety and Security will conduct a safety inspection at Cardinal Forest ES on January 5th at 10:00. The object of this safety audit is to ensure the safest possible environment for every school. The inspection is comprehensive and covers the interior and exterior of the building and grounds. Please review the fire safety checklist you received as well as the link for the Policy for Displays of Student Work and Decorative Materials in Schools (http://www.fcps.edu/fts/safety-security/publications/saf-30.pdf) and make the necessary adjustments in your classrooms.
Substitute in the Computer Lab
Staff Development Day - January 19
A Special Thank You to...
- Amanda Scheetz and Jamie Holsher for the fantastic musical performances on December 16th! It was wonderful to hear the holiday tunes in during students' arrival. The band concert showcased how much growth our students have made this year!
- Everyone who participated in the 1st Annual Holiday Potluck! Your participation made it a great success!
- Chris Fisher for providing twinkle lights and music to create the perfect ambiance for the Holiday Potluck!
Chrissy Roehm, Jessica Swope, Laura Annette, and all the members of the committee that supported the huge undertaking of the Cardinal Cares Giving Tree again this year! Thank you to the amazing generosity of the staff for providing the gift of clothes, shoes, diapers, and gift cards to families in our school who were in need. We have the most generous staff!
Jason, Dora, Dorothy and Louisa for giving our building a great cleaning during the holiday break. It was wonderful to return to a very clean school!
Christine Harley, Bailie Rechin, the Special Education Team and our entire staff for supporting the efforts of the Inclusive Schools Week celebration. Continue to enjoy all the artifacts of the learning during the opening weeks of the new year.
Joe and Kristi for a successful Celebration of Joy! The students and staff enjoyed singing songs to celebrate the holiday season!
- FCPS Safety Inspection @ 10:00
- SCA Meeting - Officers only (1:05 - 1:35)
- WIDA ACCESS Testing (Kindergarten) Begins
- FECEP Parent Meeting
- Band Pyramid Concert - West Springfield HS (7:00 - 9:00)
- 6th Grade Field Trip to Irving MS (9:20 - 11:30)
- 6th Grade Musical (9:30 - 10:30 & 6:00 - 7:00)
- Martin Luther King Day - NO SCHOOL
- Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
- Group Class Pictures (8:00 - 11:00)
- FECEP Fire Safety Puppet Show and Firefighter Visit (11:15 - 12:00)
- PTA Meeting (9:15 - 10:15 in the Library
- SCA Meeting - Officers & Representatives (1:05 - 1:35)
- Safety Patrol Meeting (3:00 - 3:40)