May 20th, 2016
10, 9, 8, 7...Let the Countdown Begin
This week was a BLAST.
- Our Fabulous Librarian hosted a BOGO Book Fair in the lower library. What better way to kick off your summer reading goals!
- Our Fourth Graders represented our campus very well at their annual Play Day, bringing home an absolute ton of ribbons. I am so proud of their hard work and determination.
- On Wednesday, RES Rockin' Rattlers Choir competed at NRH2O in the Elementary Open Division. Congratulation Rattlers on your Division 1 Rating. Now that is something to sing about!
- Thank you to all of our wonderful families who came out to our Open House/Fine Arts Night on Thursday. We hope that you had a wonderful time seeing all that your student has accomplished at school this year. Our Theatre Troupe and our Rockin' Rattlers both delivered their final performances of the 2015-2016 school year. They definitely saved the best for last. And, our amazing art teacher, Mrs. Barranco, displayed over 1,600 pieces of art work that your kiddos created throughout the year.
- Field Day was a great success this year. The weather turned out to be wonderful. If you see Coach Barnes or Coach Baldillez, please be sure to thank them. They spent countless hours planning and setting up this event to make sure that everything went off without a hitch. Thank you to all of the parent volunteers that helped out this week. We couldn't have don't it all without YOU.
We have a lot more activities going on next week. Please see the list of events below for important dates and times.
Helping Hands Carter Blood Drive
Monday, May 23rd, 8am-2pm
1601 Marshall Ridge Parkway
Ridgeview Helping Hands Blood Drive (Click here to sign up to donate)
This year, we will be participating in the Jr. Leader Program. Each student who brings a loved one to donate blood will receive a Jr. Leader’s T Shirt. Also, classes will be competing against each other for a classroom popsicle party. Donors will sign in at the drive, indicating which student they are donating for.
Ridgeview parents: Staff is on duty from 7:30-8:00 for student arrival. At 8:00, staff comes in the building to begin our school day.
We see very little drop-off traffic between 7:30-7:45. Please consider bringing your child to school earlier to ensure they are at school on time. Thank you!
Additionally, the Keller Police Department has begun monitoring our school grounds and is issuing tickets for illegal parking in fire zones and handicap spaces. Although we have limited parking on campus, please make sure you are parking in a designated space.
Coming Up in May
- May 23rd - Carter Blood Drive
- May 24th - 4th Grade to the FW Art Museum
- May 25th - Birthday Book Club Party 2-3p
- May 26th – 5th Grade Orientation Field Trip to TMIS
- May 27th – RES Volunteer Breakfast
- May 30th – Memorial Day – No School
- May 30th – June 2nd - Hawaiian Falls Ticket Sales in Lobby 7:30-8:30
- June 1st – Kindergarten Graduation
- June 1st – End of Year Parties - Kinder 9AM-10AM, 1st-4th grade 2PM-3PM
- June 2nd – Character Assembly - 9AM and 4th Grade Send off 10AM
- June 2nd – Last Day of School - Early Release at 12PM
- June 3rd – RES Day at Hawaiian Falls 10:30AM - 8:00PM
Be sure to visit our Campus Calendar on our website for a full list of events.