Your LMC News
Info to Help You in your Quest as an Educator
A note from my laptop to yours
Dear Brave and Fearless Staff,
It is always nice to see you! I hope your summer was a relaxing one. I am excited to start another year with all of you. To help get things going this year, here are a few things I wanted to share and/or remind you about…
- The library staff doesn’t own the library. You and your students do. You can recommend materials and have a voice in the library policies. Feel free to share!!
- Planning is a good thing. I will do my best to get what you need as quickly as I can, but the more time you give me the better.
- The library media center provides books and so much more. Although books are one of the more important things you can find at the library I want to remind you about the library website. We currently have a subscription to many databases that support your classroom themes. The online catalog is available so you can find books and other resources.
- The best resource in the library media center is the library media teacher. I want to help you plan a project, co-teach a lesson, share new technology tools, find professional research, give insight into an ethical problem, or answer a reference question. And if I can’t do it, I will help you find someone who can.
- The library media center can help meet your student’s reading needs. The LMC curriculum helps to promote children’s literature and uses activities to help students enjoy the stories even more. I do my best to keep your students “hooked on reading” by recommending reading material that is appropriate for them. Children will also develop their information literacy skills through project-based activities when they come to the library.
Hincks, Kelly. “A Letter to My Colleagues.” Knowledge Quest, Knowledge Quest, 13 Nov. 2015, knowledgequest.aasl.org/a-letter-to-my-colleagues/.
I hope your year will be a positive one!
See you soon!
Jennifer Gibson-Millis a.k.a. Mrs. G-M
Staff HOT Picks
Ines of My Soul by Isabel Allende
One of Titi, first grade teacher's favorite reads
The Book With No Pictures by BJ Novak
Joy's fun pick to share with your favorite group of kiddos
Art Now Volume 4
What else would you find an art teacher reading on a red leather couch?
LMC Lab Schedule
A little Google Plus...
Read Alouds to Get Things Going RIGHT!!
PreK-KInder Read Aloud
1st-2nd Grades Read Aloud
3rd-5th grades Read Aloud
Library Media Staff
Mrs. G-M--PreK-12 Library Media Teacher and Director
Ms. Anita--Both Lower and Upper School Assistant Librarian
Ms. Gloria--Upper School Library Media Assistant