Arts and entertainment
Cold War Culture
- What- Books, comics, articles, stories, you name it, they have it. Reading after the war skyrocketed because of people having more free time on their hands.
- Time Period- This book boom happened around the 1950's.
- Location- This reading fanatic was happening all over the united states after world war two had ended.
- Cause- With the world war over, people had time to do more leisure activities such as reading.
- Reason- People became so interested in reading all types of books because they had time on there hands to read them. With people working a forty hour week and earning several weeks of vacation per year, it makes it easy for people to get sucked into a good book.
- Result- More people started writing book
- Significance- Reading in the United states was spreading like wildfire.
- To Whom- businesses, government, families
- What- Americans enjoyed a wide variety of sports. These sports would include fishing, bowling, hunting, boating, golf, basketball, football, and baseball. The most popular out of all of them was basketball, football, and baseball.
- Time Period- This happened around the 1950
- Location-All around the United States
- Cause- With no war lingering around every corner, americans could have more time to enjoy themselves than before.
- Result- sports becoming more popular and the higher demand for sport players.
- This is important to history because it is still one of the most popular entertainments to this day.
- To whom- families, businesses, government