IMPORTANCE OF EMERGENT CURRICULUM
- Children are able to make decisions when it comes to learning
- Exciting learning opportunities
- Builds on the children's prior knowledge
- Activities are constantly changing
These pictures below are just examples of what an Emergent Curriculum could look like!
What is Emergent Curriculum???
- Doesn't force a child to do an activity, allows them to choose.
- Encourages learning and enjoyment
- Caregivers are actively involved in the activities that the children choose to do
- All activities and centres are exciting and inviting
- Caregivers are asking open ended questions, to allow the child to feel like they are the ones coming up with the ideas
- Children are constantly being observed to ensure they are doing activities that interest them
- Activities are constantly changing to gear towards the child and their interests and needs