Physical Science Course Syllabus
- FUSION Textbook
- Edmodo (select Edmodo OCPS app)
- Google Drive
- Safari Montage
To access Google Drive account:
Student Username - firstname.lastname@example.org
Password - birthdate (YYMMDD)
- Fully Charged Lenovo ThinkPad & Charger
- 4 Composition Books (one per quarter)
- Graph Paper
- Colored Pencils
- Stylus (optional)
Donations for the Classroom
- Paper Towels
- Dry Erase Markers
- Boxed Tissues
- Index Cards
- Hand Sanitizer
Be in your seat when the bell rings.
Have your pencil sharpened, your Interactive Notebook out, your Lenovo ThinkPad open, and your homework completed (if applicable). This includes having all assignments completed on Google Drive, Edmodo, and any other digital resources.
Wait for your turn to speak, use appropriate language and voice levels. Absolutely NO “put-downs” or rude comments. Students should also clean up their workspace at the end of each class period.
Before Class: Line up on the wall outside of my door quietly. Wait until I let you into the classroom.
After Class: I will release you once the bell rings.
Discipline & Consequences
1st Offense: Verbal Warning
2nd Offense: Refocus Station/Independent Study
3rd Offense: Parent Contact
4th Offense: Detention
5th Offense: Referral to Dean
- Classwork/Lab Experiments: 50%
- Homework: 10%
- Tests: 30%
- Quizzes: 10%
All assignments outside of Edmodo will be turned into either the assignment drop box or the bin found by the door in our classroom. If the assignment is not turned in to any of these locations, then you will not receive any credit. All assignments turned in online will have a 'submission time stamp' so I will know when an assignment is late. Please make sure all assignments are turned in on time for full credit.
- Google Drive Binder: Students will be keeping a Google Drive Binder for Science. The binder should not contain notes or assignments for any other subjects. Students will need to access the Google Drive Binder every day. The Google Drive Binder will be graded on a regular basis.
- Bellwork: The first 5-7 minutes of class are spent on bellwork. Monday through Thursday, students are expected to maintain a digital learning log in their Google Drive Binder. Fridays will be known as Flashback Fridays and we will take bellwork time as a chance to review some of the content from 6th and 7th grade that students will see again on the FCAT Science test this school year.
- Classwork: Students will complete classwork using Edmodo, Google Drive Binder/Google Docs, and their composition book.
- Homework: Students should complete any unfinished classwork as well as assigned homework at their homes each night. If a students does not have internet access at home, they will still be able to complete any homework assignments.
- Labs: Students are responsible for completing the Laboratory Documents for each experiment performed. Students will have one week from the completion of the experiments to turn in all work.
Visit Progress Book often for an update on grades, missing graded assignments, and teacher notes. This is an important part of our school communication system.
*Please check your students' planner & Edmodo daily. (Digital Google Calendar)
Students can turn in late work up-to ONE WEEK after the due date.
- One day late: -5 points
- Two days late: -10 points
- Three days late: -20 points
- Four or more days late: maximum score of 70%
What to do when you are absent:
1. Log onto LaunchPad
2. Click the Edmodo App
3. Select your science class group
4. Look for the post from the date you were absent for the agenda of that day. Complete Cornell Notes and Homework tasks from the agenda.
Need Extra Help?
"I don't understand" is NEVER an excuse!
- Textbook Tutorials
- Ms. Ramsey's Question Sessions - Monday/Tuesday AFTER SCHOOL 3:45-4:45
- Contact me via email or Edmodo messages
I graduated from the University of North Florida with a Bachelor's Degree in Middle School Math & Science Education. I am certified to teach Middle Grades (5-9) Math and Science. On weekends (when I'm not planning awesome science activities) you can find me trying new foods, watching Netflix, or playing with my cat!