Pleasant Street School News
building a community of learners that strive for excellence
April Vacation Week....What Memories Will You Make?
- Read each day
- Participate in sports and/or activites
- Visit family
- Play board games, cards, dice, computer games
- Enjoy family dinners
- Go to the library
- Be creative and draw, paint, or create something crafty
- Involve yourself in a community or neighborhood green up
- Learn something new
Our lobby display case needs updating and we would be so happy if you want to share something (picture, craft, small project) from the vacation week that was memory making for your family! Please note-all shared items will be returned after a couple of weeks.
Tip Your Hat- School Spirit Day
Please click on the link below to see a very short video of pictures from this day!
Readers Workshop in Action!
Learning to juggle with Mr. Hause
Friday Friends Table
Almost missed these friends who were recently selected to sit at the student council friendship table. Student council members choose students who do a nice job each day to join them for this special weekly luncheon.
Julianna and Nathan, second grade students in Mrs. Jones' class, spent a recent rainy indoor recess building a geometric masterpiece. Now there's some teamwork!
Learning connections are made that much stronger if you can explain your thinking and teach someone else. Pictured is Tavaris working with Braydon.
Friday Friends Table
Read, Lead, Succeed! Winning T-shirt design
Earth Day 2015 is on April 22, 2015
General information about Earth Day:http://www.earthday.org/2015
Games, activities, and coloring pages:
Kid friendly Earth Day craft activities:
Community Events & Postings
Do you have news to share or want to inform members of our school community about family friendly events in our area? If, so please email or forward a flyer or link.
Thank you :)
You won't want to miss these free events in our local community.
- Wednesday, April 22, 1:00-2:30 pm, Prek and K fair at the Athol/ Orange Elks Club includes a special free performance of DW Counts Down to Kindergarten and free prizes for families attending! Click on the link below for more information.
- Thursday, April 23 at 1:30 pm, Bugs, Bugs, Bugs... a special family program at the Phinehas S. Newton Library, 19 On the Common in Royalston, MA. For more information and to register please click on the link below.
Big Brothers/ Big Sisters Program is enrolling children for the 2015-2016 school year program. They serve children in the Athol/Orange area with transportation provided from Riverbend and Butterfield Schools. Please click on the link below for more information about this program and how you can be involved.
For other local events, happenings, and resources in this area... you can also check the North Quabbin Community Coalition website below:
Upcoming Events...Mark your Calendars!
Upcoming Events and Dates
- April 20- 24, spring vacation, no school
- April 29, Half day, District professional development, noon dismissal, lunch is served.
- April 29 & April 30- District kindergarten screening, by appointment, no school for kindergarten students
- May 4- May 8, teacher appreciation week
- May 4, 6:00-7:00 pm, PTO meeting
- May 4, 6:00-7:00 pm, Family Yoga night- more information to follow
- May 11-15th, MCAS math administration for grades 3 & 4
- May 15, Save the date!- Toy Bingo, 6-8 pm, sponsored by the PTO