College Fit 101
Tools to help you create your college list
One Size Does Not Fit All
Whether you're new to the college search effort, have a parent who went to college in another country, or just need a refresher, the college application process can be very challenging. To be an informed consumer, Mt. Carmel's counselors believe it is helpful to look at the concept of "College Fit" through three lenses; affordability, academic compatibility, and personal preference. We hope these resources will be valuable as you create a college list that is a perfect fit for you! For a more indepth look at "College Fit", check out College Fit 102.
1. Financial Fit - My Ability to Pay
Unless you have unlimited funds, READ THIS FIRST!
- What is My Expected Family Contribution (EFC) EFC Calculator
- Net Price Calculator An easy way to look for a school’s calculator is to Google the name of the institution and net price calculator.
- Why Net Price Calculators are so Important
Financial Aid Resources
2. Academic Fit - How Do I stack Up Against the Average Freshman on Campus?
Research College Tools
Data Worth Considering
...but I don't have straight A's Excellent colleges for B students
Freshman Admit Rates for CA Colleges