Go the Extra Mile! September 27th Edition
Mark Your Calendar
- Now - Tuesday, Oct. 4th: GHSA Family Dues
- Wednesday, Sept. 28th @ 3:35PM: Kids Care Club
- Thursday, Sept. 29th @ 9:00AM: GHSA Homeroom/Committee Chair Meeting
- Thursday, Sept. 29th @ 10:00AM: GHSA General Membership Meeting
- Friday, Sept. 30th: Picture Day
- Wednesday, Oct. 5th: CBSD Closed (Yom Kippur)
- Friday, Oct. 7th: Student Directory "Opt Out" Emails Due
- Wednesday, Oct. 12th @ 8:00AM: Gayman Student Council Meeting
- Wednesday, Oct. 12th: 5th Grade Field Trip to Peace Valley - Soil Secrets
- Monday, Oct. 17th - Thursday, Oct. 20th: Art Goes to School
- Monday, Oct. 24th: CBSD Closed (Diwali)
- Wednesday, Oct 26th - Thursday, Oct. 27th: 6th Grade Field Trip to Ropes Course
- Friday, Oct. 28th @ 6:00-8:00PM: GHSA Fall Fest
- Monday, Oct. 31st @ 9:00AM: Halloween Parade
- Monday, Oct. 31st: Early Dismissal/Teacher In-Service in PM
2022-2023 Student Directory
We are preparing for the 2022-2023 Student Directory. This directory includes school information, as well as parent contact information. If you do NOT wish to have your personal information included in the directory (address, phone number, and email) please contact Megan Monforte, GHSA secretary at GHSAInquiries@gmail.com by October 7th. Thank you!
If you would like to pick up your son/daughter for an appointment, please pick up your child before 2:45PM. After 2:45PM, your child will be asked to wait with the other walkers, bus and car riders in his/her classroom, to ensure a safe and efficient dismissal for everyone. Thank you!
At 3:15PM, our walkers are dismissed. The students who rode bicycles are dismissed first, followed by 4th - 6th grade walkers, and then K-3rd grade walkers. Older students are asked to wait for siblings on the back playground.
If your child is in kindergarten or 1st grade and is a walker, please walk up to our school property and meet your child on the sidewalk. This will ensure that our younger students are walking home with an adult. If your child is not walking home with a parent, please email your child's teacher with the name of the adult that they will be meeting. Thank you!
Take a Peek at Our Week
Homeroom Parent/Assistant & Committee Meeting
If you signed up for any GHSA committees this year—or still want to!—or if you've been selected as a homeroom parent/assistant (those who were selected were notified on 9/19), join us in the All-Purpose Room on Thursday, September 29th at 9am to learn more about your role and what's coming next! Can't make it in person? Find us online! JOIN MEETING
Meeting ID: 890 3224 6600
GHSA General Meeting
Mark your calendars! If you've always wanted to get involved at Gayman—just a little bit, or in a bigger way—please join us at the first general Home and School meeting of the year, Thursday, September 29th at 10am in the All-Purpose Room. Volunteer opportunities, special events and more will be on the agenda. Can't make it in person? Find us online! JOIN MEETING
Meeting ID: 890 3224 6600
Kids Care Club September
Kids Care Club, Gayman's own student volunteer group, will be having its first event of the school year on Wednesday, September 28th from 3:30 to 5pm. We'll be talking about the environment with Diane Smith of Honey Hollow (Bucks County Audubon Society).
Click on the this link to learn more and sign up: Kids Care Club September event!
GHSA Family Dues
The Gayman Home and School Association (GHSA) will be continuing to use annual Family Dues to help supplement the cost of all the amazing experiences the GHSA helps bring to Gayman Elementary.
Some of the experiences your children will have the ability to participate in, with the help of the GHSA are: Popsicles on the Playground, Fall Festival, Bingo, Dance, Library Technology, Author’s Day, School Assemblies, Kids Care Club and the End of Year Picnic. If you have any questions, please contact us at GHSAinquiries@gmail.com.
To volunteer at a class party or chaperone a field trip, your clearances must be up-to-date.
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
CB Farmers Market
Any Central Bucks family who may need a little extra food assistance is welcome to join on us at Barclay Elementary School. Our markets will operate on the 2nd and 4th THURSDAY of each month at 4:30pm.
No advanced sign-up is necessary. We kindly ask that you do not line up before 4:30 so as not to interfere with our student dismissal, and that you do not block our neighbors’ driveways.
We have seen a rise in the amount of screen breaks for student laptops. Our policy covers for 2 broken screens per device. If your child’s laptop screen breaks 3 times, we will be required to send you an invoice for the repair and labor. The current cost for this is $200. Please remind your child to care for their laptops. Some simple steps to assist are:
- Use two hands when holding or moving the device.
- Use clean hands while using the laptop or iPad.
- Use only the provided digital pen or finger on the screen.
- Use only the power adapter that came with the device.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the screen.
- Keep device stored in the provided case. This includes traveling through the hallways, on buses, or anytime the device is not being utilized.
- Make sure nothing is on the keyboard, close the lid, and remove all cables if any are plugged into the laptop. Place laptop in your bag carefully.
- Be careful when placing your case on the floor. Keep the device off the floor so screens do not get stepped on by others.
Click here for school-wide information including birthdays, cell phone use and more.
Click here to access the Gayman Elementary Student Code of Conduct.
Stop and Think Form
Join the online Gayman Elementary School & Gayman Home and School Facebook community!