Book Me - Schedule a Time with Mrs. Parker
Do you have a lesson idea for integrating technology into a lesson but would like extra support? Do you need assistance updating your website or want to know more about a digital tool? Would you like me to visit your classroom to facilitate a Breakout activity? Would you like to collaborate and co-teach a lesson? Do you have a technology goal you are trying to meet? You can now book time to meet with me using the link below.
- Please allow at least a week's notice when booking a Breakout activity or other collaborative classroom activities to allow me time to prepare materials. Appointments made for classroom activities with less than a week's notice may not be fulfilled.
- Time slots are in 30 minute increments. When booking me for a classroom activity, please book 2 back-to-back slots to allow an hour for the activity.
- When booking me, don't forget to fill in the box which states the purpose of the appointment: classroom activity, consulting, etc.
Many teachers embed YouTube videos into a Canvas course, on their teacher website, or on a Blendspace. The purpose is two-fold. First, this keeps students from going directly to YouTube and accessing inappropriate content. Second, embedding videos gets students directly to the instructional video quickly, cutting down on search time. However, with the changes made to YouTube this year, you may run into situations where students receive a message that the video is restricted, even though you know it is appropriate for your students and they are not accessing it directly from YouTube. To resolve this issue, you need to login to YouTube with your @apps.cabarrus.k12.nc.us account, find the videos you have embedded into instructional tools, and click the approve button below the video. Teachers and staff of Cox Mill Elementary have the ability to approve videos for our students. Once it is approved, all students are able to view the videos, even if they are embedded. Below is a video that demonstrates how to do go through this process (you will need to be signed in to youtube with your @apps account).
CMTV & Subs
How are subs supposed to watch CMTV since they don't have an @apps account? Please feel free to copy and paste the directions below into your sub plans.
Computer Login for Subs
- username: cmes.teacher
- password: cmes12345
Directions to Watch CMTV
- Login to sub laptop (username and password above)
- Open Google Chrome from the dock of icons at the bottom of the screen. If Google Chrome is not there, you can also open Safari or Firefox.
- Go to the Cox Mill Elementary website: https://www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us/coxmill
- Scroll down. On the right hand side you will see a CMTV icon. Click on it.
- Click on "Watch CMTV" for today's date.
- If you see a message stating the video is restricted, open a new tab or a new window and go to www.youtube.com.
- Click "Sign In" in the top right corner.
- YouTube username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube password: cmes12345
- Go back to the CMTV page and refresh the browser. You should now be able to view CMTV.
Subs and Technology
If you are going to be out, it is my recommendation that your sub plans be as "old school" as possible. Sub plans should include the use of little to no technology on the teacher and student side.