Lead Team Update
September 14, 2018
From Office of School Leadership: Deputy Superintendent of School Leadership Connie Isabel
Hispanic Heritage Month ItemsThe Hispanic Heritage month is fast approaching, as is our first Hispanic Heritage Bowl! We are all looking forward to this first of many dynamic events.
Attached below you will find the flyer for the "Hispanic Heritage Art Competition" to share with your campus. Students do not have to compete in the Bowl to enter the Art Competition.
If you have not done so, please fill out the brief Hispanic Heritage Events Survey, so we can compile and share with our community events that are taking place to honor the Month.
From the Office of School Leadership: Executive Director of Secondary Leadership, Dr. Pamela Berry
Next Thursday, September 20th we are looking forward to ALL campuses hosting their dads, brothers, uncles and father-figures to greet our students and commit to the Power of ONE.
Imagine if every father-figure committed ONE MINUTE to connect with their student each morning, ONE HOUR of volunteer time at your campus this school year, ONE DAY of service with their student in the community. Thanks for all you are doing to coordinate this event!!
Below is a sample of last year's Million Father March event.
From Office School Leadership: Penny Hicks
We have had lots of calls on the following topics in T-TESS Perform, so we created the following resources for you that are located located in the T-TESS Resources folder . Simply follow the link to find directions for:
1. Scripting/Advanced Scripting- The scripting tool is available so that you can come back at a later time and paste the text into the appropriate boxes. The Advanced Scripting tool gives you the ability to assign notes 3 levels deep directly onto the Rubric. As an example, notes can be tagged to the domain, indicator or descriptor and referenced at any point in the processes, and saved in the educators artifacts table.
2. Evaluation Dashboard- The Evaluation Dashboard shows the progress of your staff, sorted by each process similar to what you had with PDAS in Eduphoria.
3. Analysis- The Analysis tab analyzes the data that has been submitted from your staff and allows you to sort by locations, staff members and forms.
4. Reports- The Reports section provides you with a variety of reports to run on the data in your site.
5. Staff Log in issues- A one page document to share with staff who are struggling to log in.
From Office of School Leadership: Director of SEL, Stefani Allen
As I am visiting campuses, I would love to visit with your most at risk students. I really want to hear their voices and see what we can do to help. Please let me know where I can assess this list of students. Speaking of finding value in giving students a voice, check out this article from Edutopia! Feel free to share with staff.
From Office of School Leadership: Executive Directors of School Leadership, Dr. Berry & Dr. Mosely
The impact of this collection can be felt on your Tcampus Accountability as well as the TEA Snapshot. Snapshot date is 10/26/2018.
Let's make sure all families are accounted for and our students have access to nutritious meals everyday!
From the Office of Operations: Executive Director of Operations, Randy Reaves
Effective immediately ABM has made a management change. Bobbie Ellingson is replacing Diane Castro as Account Manager. Bobbie will be visiting all campuses in the coming weeks. However, if you need her before she gets the opportunity to meet you please call her on her cell at 817-578-0781 or email her email@example.com Please join us in welcoming her to our CISD family!
From the Office of Operations: Director of Operations, Jarvis Walker
Please be aware of the following items.
· Mechanical Rooms: Maintenance will began cleaning out mechanical rooms at each campus. Please remove all wanted items by Tues, 09/18, all remaining items will be disposed of.
· 2017-18 Operational Support Survey: Your opinion is valued and our desire is to serve you better, to assist in this endeavor, please click the following link: Survey and complete by Fri, 09/28.
o Your response should be based on your assignment during the 2017-18 school year.
From Office of Student Services: Betty Lewis
All Pro Dad’s Day Draft
Each school drafts a dad to be team captain. This event celebrates the team captain’s leadership. All schools are invited to participate.
When: September 24th, 6 pm – 8 pm
Where: Bill R. Johnson CTE Center inside the Rotunda