Informational bites to let you know what's going on!
We are kicking off our week for all learners (face to face & virtual) with our MAP screener. This screener is required for all students and will be given on Monday (math) and Tuesday (reading). For face to face learners, please make sure your Chromebook is fully charged each morning. Please let us know if you are experiencing issues with you Chromebook and we will put in a ticket for you! For virtual learners, please see the instructions below for MAP screening.
In addition, check out the added dates below for Future Ready Days in the district. Those are the days that students may wear jeans with a military or college shirt. Also, don't forget that Monday is a school holiday in observance of Labor Day. Have a great 3-day weekend!
Courtney Rodriguez, Principal
Beginning of Year Assessment: MAP directions for Virtual Students
On Monday & Tuesday all Smith students (face to face & virtual) will complete MAP screening. (Monday- Math, Tuesday- Reading)
District Recommended NWEA-MAP Protocol:
- Teacher will communicate date and time for MAP testing (please check your email on the morning of each assessment to get the web address, test session ID & passcode)
- Students will “attend” test session based on teacher direction (teacher will tell you in an email what time to log your student in to begin testing)
- Teachers will monitor students using Dyknow(web browser activity)
- Teachers will have make-up sessions and will communicate with parents/guardians regarding students who did not “attend” the testing session to schedule them in a specific make-up session
- Please reach out to your virtual homeroom teacher for questions
Add these to your calendar...
Grab & Go Meals for Virtual Students
Grab & Go Meal service is available for purchase for our virtual students. Families are welcome to pick-up breakfast and/or lunch at any campus in our district during the following times:
Elementary: 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Intermediate: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Middle: 8:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
High: 8:50 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
If you are sending your child with, or dropping off, medications to be administered during the school day, please fill out a form for each medication.