Mrs. DeJong's Digital Graphics and Animation Class
Station 1: Introduction - What is copyright?
Click on the link next to your class block then focus your attention to the front.
Station 2: What does it mean to me?
Select 2 of the following articles to read with your groups members. You can each choose two different articles to increase the knowledge for discussion and activity.
- Discuss with your group what you have read.
- As a group, use the markers and paper at your table to create a quick flyer or sign that warns fellow students about the dangers of downloading copyrighted material.
- Take a picture of your flyer with your iPad and submit it in your DGA Learning Hub. Click below to access the assignment. Remember to attach your picture and include all of your names in the text box provided.
- Copyright Warning Flyer Assignment
Station 3: Why is copyright important?
Watch the video below. Then use the graffiti wall to answer the following questions. Think before you post!
- Describe something you have stolen that is copyrighted that you know you shouldn’t have. (Remember, copyright protects books, magazines, online articles, songs, screenplays, podcasts, and software until they are in the public domain.)
- On another person’s description of stolen information, explain who was affected by the theft and an alternative way you could obtained the same material or somewhere you could have found material that you could legally use.
- After you finish your post, click on the link below and see what you know about copyright.
Music Piracy PSA
Copyright Education User Rights, Section 107 Music Video
Station 5: Citations
- Click on view the following webpage about citing visual resources. View and walk through the steps presented. State College of Florida Libraries You will be using this information to cite 3 images found online so view the material closely.
- Click on the link below to open your assignment in your DGA Learning Hub course. http://fisdstudentlearninghub.com/mod/assign/view.php?id=68068