September 27, 2019
Indian Valley Elementary
Super Social Skills
This week's Super Virtue Skill was
Self-Awareness: Using Appropriate Tone of Voice and Volume
- Level 0 (no noise at all) - used when a teacher or adult is talking to the group
- Level 1 (whisper) - used when talking to the person next you to not disturb others
- Level 2 (slightly above a whisper) - used when working with a partner
- Level 3 (normal voice) - used when asking a question in class or talking with a group of friends
- Level 4 (yelling/outdoor voice) - used at recess or sporting events
- Level 5 (multiple yelling voices) - not used at school
Reminder: Fit and Lit Bingo Sheets are due Monday, 9/30! Please hand in to the library.
Conference time is right around the corner! Our conferences are being held:
Wednesday, October 2nd from 4:00-8:00 pm
Thursday, October 3rd from 8:00 am - 7:30 pm.
Families are invited to sign up for a time to meet with our teachers during conference hours. Please use ParentVUE to schedule a conference to discuss your child’s progress. The electronic sign-up window will close on Monday, 9/30 at 3:30 pm. Please see directions below. If you have questions or problems, please contact the school office at 239-6400.
Special Note: The system only allows for one conference per student. If your family would like two conferences, please set those up directly with the teacher.
Here are the steps for you to follow:
1. Log in to ParentVUE.
2. If you have more than one child, select the child’s name at the top left.
3. Select Conference on the left-hand side menu.
4. Select Parent Scheduled Conferences in the upper right corner.
5. A list of available conference times will be displayed. Times that have already been taken will be marked Unavailable.
6. Select a conference by placing a check in the box corresponding to the time. There is no save button. Saving is automatic.
We value your partnership in the education of your child and look forward to meeting October 2nd and 3rd!
PTA Upcoming Events
Conferences - The IVE community will be asked to help provide meals and snacks to our teachers during conferences next week. An email will be coming with more information.
All Pro Dads - The next All Pro Dads is scheduled for Tuesday, October 1st. Just a reminder you MUST RSVP to Johnny Johnson at email@example.com by 11:00 a.m. on Monday, September 30th in order to eat! It's very important that we have accurate numbers.
Room Parents and Helpers – We are still in need of a few volunteers to help out with the classroom parties. Whether it is helping at the party or sending snacks or paper goods, we can't do it without your help! Please sign-up below:
Bus Tracker & Textcaster Information for Families
Durham Bus Services has two helpful tools for families with bus riders:
Bus Tracker: The Blue Valley Durham location will be utilizing a new transportation tool. It is in the form of a mobile app called Bus Tracker that is available for iOS and Android devices. To use the app, users will create an account when launching the app that is tied to an email address of the user’s choice. The tool is already active and will allow account users to follow the route of a specific bus. Durham is updating daily when a scheduled backup bus is being used for a planned maintenance activity. If a bus is replaced with a quick turnaround due to an unforeseen event, Durham dispatch will make the switch on Bus Tracker at their next opportunity to update the App.
TextCaster: Families are still encouraged to sign up for Durham TextCaster. The TextCaster system is designed to share the “why” as Bus Tracker is designed to tell the “where”. To sign up for Durham TextCaster visit www.bluevalleydurham.com.