Rattan Elementary Monday Memo
January 11, 2016
From the Desks of Mr. Frazier & Mrs. Reddell
We're off and running into 2016! Report cards for the second 9 weeks have gone home, first semester awards will be presented this Friday, and staff and students both have hit the ground running to start the second semester.
The start of a new year and a new semester is a good time to send out a few reminders:
Morning Drop Off
- Doors open at 7:15 am. Please do not drop your students off prior to this time as there is no one on duty to monitor them before 7:15 am.
- Carpool students may be dropped off on the south side of the building at the gym entrance, or on the west (front) side of the building after buses have cleared (after about 7:25 am).
- Parents may not park in the parking lot and walk their students to the front doors.
Absences and Tardies
- Written notes from parents must be received within 5 days of the student’s return to school
- Tardies can only be excused with a doctor’s note
- Undocumented/Unexcused Early Sign-Outs are counted as 'Tardy' on the student's attendance records for documentation purposes. Unexcused/Unexplained early dismissals can only be excused with a doctor’s note.
It's winter time, and lately many of the days the temps are below freezing. Please be sure to send your student with appropriate winter weather clothing.
This Friday, 1/15, is our 1st Semester Awards Assembly (during your student's Specials time in the gym). Join us in celebrating and recognizing many of the great things our students have done thus far this year!
Thank you for your continued support as we work with our students to help them grow and achieve their potential!
Mr. Frazier and Mrs. Reddell