Special Commencement Edition
Mankato East High School
End of The Year Reminders
Gradaution 2017 Information
2017 Commencement Reminders
- Be sure caps and gowns fit. There are some extras for switching. Hang the gowns to lesson wrinkles. DO NOT IRON.
- Be at MSU and ready to go for the ceremony no later than 5:00 pm. Please take pictures prior to Commencement - gowns are returned immediately following the ceremony. Students are to report to the alumni room to turn in caps and gowns within fifteen (15) minutes of completion of the ceremony.
- Graduates will receive the cover for their diploma on stage. After Commencement, turn in your cap and gown in the alumni room, report to the appropriate table and you will receive your official diploma to be placed in the cover.
- The field house will not be locked during Commencement; we suggest that all valuable items be left at home.
- The dress code for Graduation is as follows:
Under their robes, students are expected to be neatly dressed. Any form of clothing which is distracting in appearance or detrimental to the purpose or conduct of the ceremony will not be permitted, including writing on the graduation caps. Clothing should not expose the body unnecessarily, such as midriff tops, halter tops or muscle shirts. Students also will not be allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts or sunglasses during the ceremony. Clothing that advertises alcoholic beverages, tobacco, illegal substances or that has obscene or inflammatory symbols or printing is not permitted. Students choosing to wear inappropriate clothing to the commencement ceremony will not be allowed to take part until they change into clothing that is more appropriate. Nothing may be carried with you during Commencement.
*Doors for guests open at 4:45PM. No tickets are necessary to attend Commencement.
*There will be NO balloons allowed in Bresnan Arena Taylor Center.
On Thursday, June 1st, Seniors will need to meet in the field house at MSU at 10:45 AM!
Reminders for rehearsal:
*Seating arrangements will be distributed in the field house just before rehearsal on Thursday, June 1st. We will be starting at 10:45 am, SHARP!
*For rehearsal, consider wearing the same shoes you plan to wear for Commencement.
Commencement Speaker Tryouts
CAP AND GOWN PICKUP
Thursday, June 1st
Commencement Rehearsal will be at 10:45 am in Myer’s Field House at MSU.
Senior Luncheon will follow rehearsal at MSU at approximately 12:15 pm.
Commencement Ceremony at 5:30 pm in Bresnan Arena at MSU’s Taylor Center. We ask that all graduates report to Myer’s Field House by 5:00 pm SHARP!
- Graduation party, completely run by East parents, will be held at East High School, after commencement. Click on this link for complete information GRAD Party.