Castle Rock Charter School
A Note from our Principal, Jennifer Larson
As we embark on another exciting academic year, I encourage you to actively engage with your peers and our wonderful Castle Rock Community. Each day is a new opportunity to be better than the day before; let's learn, grow, and support one another as we journey through this school year together. Together, we can create a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone thrives. Whether it's through joining labs and classes, participating in family engagement seminars, or simply showing kindness and respect to one another, remember that we are truly better together.
“Autumn, the season that teaches us that change can be beautiful.”
Family Engagement Seminar - Math Scopes!
Castle Rock held the first family engagement seminar of the year! Students and families enjoyed pizza with an exciting math scopes lesson followed by interactive math games that were a blast for the whole family!
Please save the date for our next Family Engagement Seminar on December 13, 2023, featuring bread making!
Native American Heritage Month
Kallie, our librarian, has been working hard to reorganize the library. It has been looking great! She recently got in new popular graphic novels like Avatar the Last Airbender, Babysitter's Little Sister, and City of Dragons! Stop by the library to find a new book today!
- There is now a lost and found location in the library! If you think you may have lost your items at school, please check in room 8 to claim them.
- Don't forget the library has supplies for students, such as book checkouts, notebooks, pencils, crayons, etc. If you need supplies, stop in the library and complete an "Item Checkout Form." All costs are applied to your student account with no personal charge to you!
- Your student allotment also covers vendor uses (such as going to the gym for PE requirements) and meeting with both academic and music tutors. If you are interested in using vendors or tutors, talk with your teacher and go by the library for the correct forms.
EARN FREE PIZZA THROUGH READING WITH PIZZA HUT & PAPA MURPHY'S READING INCENTIVE PROGRAMS!
- PIZZA HUT - THE BOOK IT! Program- This program is for grades preK-6th and requires a reading calendar to be completed each month; once complete, you will receive a reading award certificate good for a free one-topping personal pan pizza!
- PAPA MURPHY" S READERS - This program for all grades is a bookmark to record ten books. Once all ten books are read, turn your bookmark into the library to receive your reward, good for a free mini murph pizza kit!