Hunter James 2B
Major Sources of Minerals
- Milk and dairy products (Ca)
- Broccoli and dark leafy vegetables (Ca)
- Soy foods (Fe)
- Red meat (Fe)
- Whole grain breads (Mg)
- Nuts (Mg)
Not Enough or Too Much?!?!?!?!
- Deficiency depends on the mineral itself
- Without Calcium, Bones don't grow as strong or straight
- Iron deficiency causes decreased intelligence and the inability to carry healthy oxygen to organs in the body.
- Too many minerals can cause a high toxicity!
In fruits and vegetables, there are tons of vegetables
Nearly every mineral is vital for a healthy body
Every whole grain is high in magnesium
Reactions between incomplete minerals can lead to full minerals
All meat contains minerals
Like Calcium, Phosphorous helps promote bone and teeth strength
Selenium deficiency can cause muscle pain or weakness and is related to Vitamin E