Week At A Glance
October 18-October 23, 2015
HSE Teaching & Learning
Whether you teach kindergarten or seniors in high school, we are all teachers of readers!
That is the message from Leslie Hopper and Chris Edwards. Leslie is the Library Media Specialist at Thorpe Creek Elementary, and Chris is a history teacher at Fishers High School. They eloquently argue for us to use in the classroom what we know and believe about children.
The link to this week’s HSE Teaching and Learning Blog:
HSE Teaching and Learning Team
Need an individual award for a student??
Students transferring from one HSE intermediate to another:
- Blackboard - Incoming Registrar will put in a HelpDesk Ticket (HSE) requesting Blackboard account be associated to correct teacher/classes as well as ask for prior school’s classes removed.
- Achieve – Incoming Registrar will put in a HelpDesk Ticket (HSE) requesting Achieve account be associated to new Humanities teacher.
- Front Row - Teachers will need to enter student into new Front Row class and have child take the pre-assessment to assign appropriate level.
Students new to HSE:
- Skyward – Student is entered into Skyward during registration process. Parents are provided in log-in information.
- Log-in/WiFi/Email – All are created within 3-6 hours of the student being entered into Skyward. Homeroom teacher will distribute account/password to student using HSE format. Note that emails may take a few days to be visible in Skyward as technology populated them in Skyward on Tuesday and Thursday. If an email is yet not visible, teachers may search by last name in the Outlook directory.
- Blackboard - Accounts are created two to three times a week on Wednesday and Friday. This is not yet an automatic process, but technology is hoping to get there in the future. Therefore, it may take a few days to gain access.
- Achieve3000 - Just like with online textbooks, students are uploaded at the start of the year but after that the Humanities teacher will need to add their own students after that.
- Front Row - Math teacher will need to add student and have child take the pre-assessment to assign appropriate level.
Resetting computer and WiFi account issues - AME helpdesk ticket.
District Technology Email
The Technology Team would like to conduct a listening tour in order to get teacher feedback on a variety of topics. Those topics include:
- Capital Projects dollars may be available to refresh all teacher stations for the 2016-17 school year. The Team would like to share the pros/cons of different platforms so teachers can provide feedback on what device they would like to have.
- Feedback on what is working and what challenges teachers are facing with their technology.
The dates/times and locations of the meetings are as follows:
- October 26th – 3:15 P.M. – Fishers HS (Cafeteria A - Enter through FH1 or FH7)
- October 27th – 7:30 A.M. – New Britton Elementary (Media Center)
- October 27th – 3:15 P.M. – Hamilton Southeastern HS (Cafeteria D - Enter through main entrance)
- October 28th – 7:30 A.M. – Fall Creek Elementary (Cafeteria)
- October 28th – 3:15 P.M. – Fishers Jr. High (LGI Room)
- October 29th – 3:15 P.M. – Fall Creek Intermediate (Media Center)
Teachers may come to any one of the sessions – our goal was to provide various times and locations in order to provide options for schedules. We look forward to your feedback.
~Jeff Harrison, on behalf of Tom Kouns, Jan Combs, Stephanie Loane and Phil Lederach
******* Food for Thought.... *******
What's Happenin' at the Creek!
Monday, October 19th, 2015 Rot. I-5
2:50-3:50pm - Disc Golf
Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 Rot. F-1
4:00pm - Dinner will be ready, provided by PTO for conferences.
6:45am - Spell Bowl
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 Rot. F-2
Fall Fundraiser Ends
Thursday & Friday, October 22 & 23, 2015
Fall Break - No School
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
7:00am sharp! - Staff picture - gym
FCI Miscellaneous notes
Recess Ball Cage combination: 31232