Jr. Scout's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: Painting a Rainbow - Lois Ehlert , Dinoshapes - Roger Priddy , Let's Go Thomas - Thomas & Friends
Table Time: We will be working on math, counting 1-10 (English/Spanish) and classifying.
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're going to enjoy coloring our letter friend of the week, and practice using our five senses to be kind to one another.
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab. We also have math when we are singing our songs like "5 Little Monkeys, Ducks, or Zoophonics Animal" of the week.
This month we are trying to "pretend" eating and working together in the kitchen.
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry. We are also working on using words to express each other.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month outside! We are going to be balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground, and kicking balls. For music and movement we are going to be having dance parties along with expressive dance.
Scholastic is done for the summer. We will resume back in August! Thanks for all your orders :)
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Chalk, Bubbles, and Balls (all sizes)
- Shoes and socks (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars (i.e. mayonnaise, peanut butter, jelly..etc.)
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
What's the meaning of your name?
- Ms. Alex: In Greek the meaning of the name Alexandria is: A feminine form of Alexander meaning defender of men.
- Ms. Alisha: Alisha means 'Protected by God" in the terms of the Sanskrit language
- Mr. Mike: Derived from the Hebrew Mikhael; "Who is like God?"
- Ms. Le Andra: The Greek meaning is Feminine of Leander. Lionesss.
- Ms. Katie: Pure
- Ms. Erin: Its Irish and it means peace.
Ms. Kelsey: The Irish meaning of Kelsey is Brave
Ms. Kit: It's just a three letter nickname for Catherine. I had friends who had three letter nicknames and I wanted one but already knew a Cat and there was a character named Kit in a book I was reading at the time.
Ms. Kayla: No known meaning.