Roynon Raccoon Report
November/December Newsletter All About Roynon
The first trimester of the 2018-19 school year is almost complete. Report cards will be sent home with students on Friday, November 16th. As you review your child's progress, remember to highlight the positive efforts of your child and discuss a goal for the upcoming trimester. Working as a team, we can ensure that your child maximizes their potential, both academically and socially while at Roynon. As a staff, we are committed to our students. Our teaching is guided by the California Common Core State Standards. Below you will find documents from the California Department of Education highlighting the type of learning that the California Common Core State Standards focuses on for both English Language Arts (ELA)/Literacy and Mathematics. If you would like more detailed information about the CA Content Standards, please click here.
When we return from Thanksgiving break, the holiday festivities will be in full force. We will have FOUR full, action packed weeks of school until our Winter Break. Please note the following days on your calendar:
December 13: PTA Holiday Craft Night
December 18: Winter Choir Concert at the BCA
December 21: Pajama Day & Minimum Day Dismissal (12:35pm)
Friday, December 21st is our last day of school for 2018. This day will be a minimum day, with dismissal for all students at 12:35. We wish you an enjoyable holiday season with your loved ones and look forward to welcoming our Roynon Raccoons back to school on Monday, January 7th, 2019!
Your Partner in Education,
Item will be delivered to students on Friday, November 16th. Please be prepared to meet you child after school if you ordered refrigerated items or large quantities.
Click on the bar above to let us know if your student will be attending. Students MUST be accompanied by an ADULT.
The Seven Habits of Healthy Kids
- Spending time on things that are most important
- Saying no to things I know I shouldn't do.
- Setting priorities, making a schedule, following a plan
- Being disciplined and organized
For those of you who are interested in extending this habit to home, here are some ideas:
- Create a list of things that your child needs to accomplish throughout the week. With your child, rank the tasks by importance. Rewrite the list in order and post in by the calendar or some place that will be seen through the week.
- Design and decorate your own planner.
- Role-play consequences of student as opposed to not studying. Then role play how it feels to be prepared.
- Set goals as a family
- Discuss with your child what he/she thinks is her/her biggest time waster and what to do about it.
- Plan time as a family. This is especially important as your children get older and wants to spend more time with friends. Set aside a couple of hours one a week as family time. Watch a move, go out to eat, play games, cook dinner together, whatever fits your family. Protect this time and make is a tradition. Everyone in the family should block it out on their calendars.
November 14: PTA Meeting
November 16: BMX Show & Fundraiser Item Delivery
November 19 - 23: No School ~ Thanksgiving Week
December 4 & 11: Family Night at the Roynon Library (5-7 pm)
December 12: School Site Council Meeting
December 18: Winter Choir Concert
December 21: Minimum Day - Dismissal at 12:35
December 24 - January 4: No School ~ Winter Break
January 21: MLK Jr. Holiday
January 24: STEM Night
January 28 - February 1: Kindness Week
February 1: Jump Rope for Heart Day
Click below to access the Roynon Beautification Website.
News from Beautification
The Beautification Committee would like like to thank everyone for bringing in recycling on Fridays. Recycling is relied on to help us complete the projects we do around campus, we could not do it without this help.
We will be selling our holiday tags and mistletoe decoration again this year, we will be by the library on December 11 at Family Library Night as well as on December 12 with the PTA Holiday Craft Night.
We love to welcome new members to beautification. Anyone interested in joining, or just interested in finding out what we’re all about, is welcome at any meeting. Our meetings are held at 3 PM the first Tuesday of every month in the Roynon library.
Click on the link below to access previous monthly newsletters
Click HERE to access our Family/School Compact.