Mountain Avenue Thursday Update
Arrival and Dismissal Requests
- If you are parking at the park off of Ocean View - please make sure you park in a designated spot. Cars must be able to drive through freely.
- Please do not use the staff parking lot to drop off or pick up students. That area is completely off limits. Please use the drive through lane, park on the street and pick up your student, or have your student meet you at the park.
- Please stay in your car in the traffic lane. We need to keep a steady flow of cars. If your child is unable to enter and exit the vehicle independently, we do not recommend using the traffic lane.
- We will be sending home Name Plates for the viser of your car in the next few days. Please display this in the car line to expedite picking up your child.
Join PTA TODAY!
Want to save a tree and help our Earth by applying for PTA membership online?
You can even contribute to our “No Sweat Fundraiser” on the same site.
PTA Room Parent Sign-ups!
Hi Mountain Ave Parents! Have you always wanted to be a ROOM PARENT? The time has come! We are looking for parents to sign-up to help our teachers and PTA coordinate parties, classroom activities and more. This year may be a little different but our teacher and PTA still need your help. If you are interested please sign up in the link below.
The Room Parent Orientation will be via Zoon on September 3rd at 9am. Link will be sent prior to the meeting to those signed up.
Mountain Avenue PTA
#PTASupportsMountainAvenue. Mountain Avenue PTA wants to stay connected with our Bear Families! Check out our webpages at https://www.gusd.net/domain/1047. Keep up-to-date with PTA events and programs, and learn more about our PTA.
PTA Volunteers Needed
Mountain Avenue PTA is a completely volunteer-run organization, and so we invite all parents to share with us their time and talents. Please see the flyer for more details and consider helping us strive for the success and well-being of our students. Email us at MountainAvePTA@gmail.com.
First Day of School Photos!
Please donate photos for the Yearbook!
Please donate photos to Yearbook. We want to represent YOUR child in the class collages. Do you have photos you want to share with the Yearbook Club? Here is the link: DONATE PHOTOS HERE! Using this link, your photos will automatically appear in our yearbook editing platform! Thank you for sharing! Disclaimer: With so many submissions, there is no guarantee that your uploaded photo will be used in the yearbook
Yearbook Club Applications
The purpose of the club is to facilitate leadership roles in students as well as fostering creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking while constructing a yearbook. Students will be given opportunities:
1. To learn journalistic writing skills.
2. To learn photography techniques
3. To learn computer programs associated with yearbook publications.
4. To learn to work as a team and to meet pre-selected deadlines.
Expectations: Some of the assignments (taking pictures, interviewing peers or teachers) might need to be facilitated during morning and lunch recess or before and after school. Students must return to class on time following a recess activity. Students must be overly communicative with their staff members and advisors in terms of their assigned projects and pages and their progressions.
Meeting Dates, Time, and Location(s): Our meetings will consist of lessons in journalism, assigning projects and teams, reviewing completed project work, and designing the yearbook. Our meetings will take place every Tuesday. Our first meeting is Tuesday, September 14, 2021 from 3-4 pm at the lunch benches.
For the month of October, we will be making a two-page newsletter. The goal of this newsletter is to learn how to design a layout, and produce reading material for Mountain Avenue student body.
Space is limited. Applications should be submitted by Friday, September 10th, 2021:
Click here to apply!: