11th Grade Counselor's Corner
I hope you all enjoyed your winter break and are ready to get back in the swing of things! Remember, the last day of Q2 AND Semester 1 is February 4th! Please make sure you finish the quarter/semester strong! Make sure your missing assignments are turned in and you are ready for semester exams!! Remember that we are here for you if you need us and we miss you all!
If you are having issues with your device, we are here to help! Just send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and our helpdesk team will work to find a solution to your device issue!
If you received a 60 or below in a core class (English, Math, Social Studies, Foreign Language, Wellness/PE, or Science) then I enrolled in an online Grade Repair course. If I enrolled you, you received an email from me with log in instructions. You must have all required lessons completed by the end of the quarter in order to receive a passing grade for Quarter 1!
Remember, you do not have to do all of the lessons! If you need the list of required lessons, send me an email and I will get you that information.
DEVELOP GOOD HABITS IN THE CLASSROOM NOW IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR FUTURE COLLEGE AND/OR CAREER GOALS!
These good classroom habits include:
- JOINING IN ON CLASSROOM DISCUSSIONS-Don't sit in class quiet the entire time.
- ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND-If you have a question, it is likely someone else does as well.
- KEEP UP WITH ASSIGNMENTS-use an agenda to make sure you know when assignments are due
- ASK FOR HELP-teachers are there to help you and they want to see you succeed. If you feel you are falling behind, reach out to them
- TAKE GOOD NOTES-good note taking will help you in high school and beyond. Taking good notes can make all the difference!
- PROOFREAD YOUR WORK-proofread assignments before you submit them. Also, send the assignment to a friend for them to proofread as well. Two sets of eyes are better than one!
SEMESTER EXAMS ARE FAST APPROACHING!
GOOD STUDY HABITS ARE VITAL FOR SEMESTER EXAMS. HERE ARE SOME GOOD STUDY HABITS TO USE WHEN PREPARING FOR EXAMS:
- Make the most of class time: Ask questions, receive clarification, take good notes, pay attentions!
- Attend your teachers' tutoring hours for further help!
- Study will classmates and compare notes
- Create flashcards-write important facts, dates, concepts, and definitions on flash cards and quiz yourself!
- Find a quiet, clutter free study spot.
- Read and Review-early and often
- Take breaks while studying
- Pace yourself-do not cram the night before!
- Learn by teaching others-explain concepts to your peers, siblings, parents, etc. to make sure you really know the material yourself!
- Located in Auburn, Alabama
- There are about 24,600 undergraduate students enrolled
- Average In-State Tuition: $11,492
- Average Out-of-State Tuition: $31,124
- Most popular Majors: Business, Engineering, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Education, Heath Professions
- Average GPA needed for acceptance: 3.8
- Average ACT score needed for acceptance: 27
- Famous Alumni: Charles Barkley, Cam Newton, Lionel Richie, Octavia Spencer
University of Arkansas
- Located in Fayetville, Arkansas
- There are about 27, 562 undergraduate students currently enrolled
- Average In-State Tuition: $9,384
- Overage Out-of-State Tuition: $25,872
- Most popular majors: Business, Communication/Journalism, Engineering, Health Professions, Social Sciences
- Average GPA needed for acceptance: 3.72
- Average ACT score needed for acceptance: 26
- Famous Alumni: John Daly, Jimmy Johnson, Henry Ford
- Located in Nashville, Tennessee
- There are about 2,859 undergraduate students
- Average Tuition: $33,424
- Most popular majors: Business, Health Professions, Psychology, Visual & Performing Arts, Education
- Minimum GPA needed for acceptance: 2.75
- Minimum ACT score needed for acceptance: 21
- Famous Alumni: Kelsea Ballerini, Thomas Rhett, Garrison Matthews
Savannah College of Art & Design
- Located in Savannah Georgia (with a satellite campus in Atlanta)
- There are about 10,517 undergraduate students
- Average Tuition: $38,075
- Most popular majors: Visual & Performing Arts, Communications Technologies, Communication/Journalism, Family & Consumer Sciences, Architecture
- Average GPA needed for acceptance: 3.0
- Average ACT score needed for acceptance: 21