Are Teenagers Too Self Centered?
By Alexis & Chloe
Research and Evidence
- Researchers has shown that teenagers brains often misinterpret emotions making them seem more empathetic.
- Empathy comes with puberty so it takes awhile to develop.
- Thinking strategies change with age.
- Their social skills go through weird changes during puberty.
- At age 13 for girl and 15 for boys
- whenever teens have healthy relationships in their lives it is easier for them to have develop cognitive empathy.
- Understanding others viewpoints take more cautions effort for teens and more easier adults to understand.
How to fix the problem:
Discuss Emotions: Increases empathy
Write it out: Some teens don't like to talk about their emotions so they feel to write it down.
Details Matter: If you want to someone to pay attention to you, you need to pay attention to someone else.
Helping Others: Participate in community service