March 25, 2018
Peanut Butter drive all week benefits local food banks - details below.
Monday, March 26th
- BJH Tennis vs Burleson at Brock 4:00
Tuesday, March 27th
- 7th Math benchmark a.m.
- BJH Track at Millsap
Wednesday, March 28th
- College Shirt Day
- Personality / Favorites Pictures
- Museum Field Trip at FBC - Social Studies Classes
- 7th grade discuss 2018-2019 elective options - eagle period
- 8th grade will take Science benchmark during class
Thursday, March 29th
- 5th-grade Field Trip to Zoo
- 7th & 8th Band UIL competition - Glen Rose
- 6th grade discuss 2018-2019 elective options - eagle period
Friday, March 30th
- No School
Sunday, April 1st
- Easter Sunday
Peanut Butter Drive
2nd out of 19 teams.
Owen Smith 9th place boy
Mylee Cedillo 8th place girl
Both qualify as individuals to go to Nationals!
Elementary Team 3-D placed 1st out of 4 teams.
Middle School Team Bulls Eye:
6th out of 39 teams
Korey Massie 4th place boy – qualified for Nationals
Middle School 3-D placed 2nd out of 8 teams
High School Bulls Eye(no team score)
Jacob Baskin 2nd place boy qualified for Nationals and won $3,500 Scholarship!
High School 3-D Team:
7th out of 12 teams
STAAR Testing Dates
7th grade Writing
5th & 8th grade Math
April 11th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Reading
May 7th - 11th
Algebra EOC - testing window - specific day TBD
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Cheer Tryouts 2018-2019
Outdoor Learning Center
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Click here for more information or feel free to direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.