Rocks all around
By: xylvie Santiago
What is a rock?
A rocks are inorganic substance with a chemical composition called minerals that are composed together
Examples of rocks
- Intrusive slow crystal forming
- Coarse 1mm to 10mm
- lighter,low density, and felsic
- 10% amphibole, 10% biotite, 20%plagioclase feldspar, 40% quartz, 20% potassium feldspar
- inorganic sedimentary rock
- mostly quartz,feldspar, and clay minerals; may contain fragments of other rocks and minerals
- comments, rounded fragments
- low-grade metamorphism of shale
rock cycle: model showing how rocks and sediments change over time.