Congenital Conditions Project
Symptoms and Causes
- are frequent falls, muscle pain and stiffness, trouble running or jumping, difficulty getting up from a lying or sitting position, etc.
- It is caused by a genetic mutation particular to this disease. Some are inherited and are passed on to next generations.
Treatment and Prevention
- Treatment options include medication, physical therapy, surgical or other procedures. No official cure.
- There isn't a way to prevent it.
Effects and Detection
- Unable to walk, curved spine (scoliosis), breathing and heart problems, etc.
- Genetic testing, muscle biopsy, heart-monitoring tests, etc.