W.W. Samuell Spartan Pulse
Culture Tracker - 4th Six Weeks Edition
American Dance/Drill Team Competition at Duncanville High School
1st Runner Up – Academic Award (Based off of GPA)
Gussie Nell Davis Award – (Received a 90 or above from all three judges)
Sweepstakes Award – (Received a 90 or above from all three judges on all three dances)
Bronze Best Overall – Choreography
4th Runner Up – Best in Class (This was our place in the X-Small Division)
Goal #1 - Climate and Culture - week of Feb. 27 - Mar. 4
- Lady Spartans Softball defeats Lincoln 20 - 8 and demolishes Conrad 23 - 0.
- Destiny Cogburn - No hitter
- Bri'An Lewis - triple base run
- Caroline Rangel hit a home run
- JV Softball dominates both Hillcrest and North Dallas over the weekend.
- Spartan Baseball triumphs over Madison 9 - 4 and Wilmer Hutchins 6-1, but falls short 1-7 against Lancaster.
- Spartan Boys Soccer defeats Thomas Jefferson 4-2, but came up short to Kimball.
- Lady Spartans Soccer pummels Thomas Jefferson 5-1, and annihilates Kimball 6 - 1.
- Debate team competed at local competition
- Samuell hosted Community Dialogue event
-------2017 Black History Celebration------
----Seniors Sign to Commit to Colleges----
Dallas ISD Kicks off the 2017 UNCF Workplace Campaign
Each year the Dallas Independent School District supports the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization, by launching a workplace campaign to raise funds for deserving college-bound students. The funds raised from this campaign will be awarded as scholarships to seniors of all races in the Dallas ISD who plan to attend a historically black college or university (HBCU) or any other four year accredited U. S. college or university in the fall of 2017.
The workplace fundraising campaign begins February 1, 2017, ends March 31, 2017, and is extended to students, staff, and their community members.
Theme: Dollars for $cholars
2017 Goal: $50,000
Campaign Contribution Period: February 1 - March 31, 2017
Scholarship Application Period: February 1 - April 7, 2017
Encourage Your Students to Apply!!!
• Student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
• Student must be a 2016-2017 graduating senior from a Dallas ISD high school.
• Student must be enrolled full-time at a UNCF member institution or other accredited four-year college or university.
Scholarships up to $2,500 may be awarded to students who demonstrate financial need and academic potential. Students must submit an essay as part of their application. The scholarship award will be sent to the Financial Aid/Scholarship office at the student’s UNCF member campus or other campus upon proof of enrollment.
• Have the student access the Naviance Family Connection
• Select the Colleges tab
• Select the link for Scholarship List or Scholarship Match
• Select UNCF Scholarship
The application period is February 1 – April 7, 2017
Deadline for application is April 7, 2017
If you would like for your sponsored activity to be featured in the Spartan Culture Tracker, please remember to share your photos with Spartan Pulse Committee members, Mr. Ephraim or Coach Peebles. Our mission is to celebrate what we value here at Samuell.