Shane Oros and Jack Blackwood
What is it?
A chemical substance that acts primarily upon the central nervous system. For example cocaine, cannabis, heroin, MDMA.
Stimulants are psychoactive drugs that induce temporary improvements in either mental or physical functions or both
A depressant, or central depressant, is a drug that lowers neurotransmission levels, which is to depress or reduce arousal or stimulation, in various areas of the brain
a substance that acts on the nervous system in similar ways to morphine, in medical terms it means the drugs that are man made
Drugs that produce hallucinations and apparent expansions of the consciousness
Ways they can affect you
- Tolerance- the ability or willingness to tolerate something
- Withdrawal- the process of ceasing to take an addictive drug
- Addiction- a state characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli despite adverse consequence
- Dependence- the adaptive state associated with the withdrawal syndrome upon cessation of repeated exposure to a stimulus
- More teens die from prescription drugs than heroin/cocaine combined.
- Cocaine is an extraction of the leaves of the Erythroxylon coca bush
- Nutmeg is a hallucinogenic