Go take a ride on a Bismarck Stagecoach today!!
Introduction to Bismarck Stagecoaches
Hi my name is Leah and do I have a exciting news for you! Bismarck Stagecoaches is offering you a full-filled ride the whole family can enjoy! For a limited time only, tickets are HALF PRICE so get your tickets before they sell out! Bismarck Stagecoaches is something you will never forget so join in on the fun today!
- Monday-Friday: 11:00-5:30
- Saturday-Sunday: 12:30-4:00
What are stagecoaches?
A stagecoach is a covered wagon usually carried with about four horses. Stagecoaches were originated in England and were used to carry people, mail, and goods around. It was also a way travelers could rest on long trips.
History of Stagecoaches
John Darlwin invented the stagecoach September 21, 1763 it was the only way of getting around at that time. Stagecoaches were made for fast and safe travel. They costed between $1,500 and $1,800 at that time.
Interesting Facts About Stagecoaches
- The average speed of a stagecoach is 4 to 7 miles per hour so to travel 300 miles it would take 54.5 hours. If a stagecoach travel continuously each day they would cover 70 to 120 miles.
- A stagecoach would fit anywhere from 7 to 15 people depending on what size of stagecoach you had
- It was considered rude to rest your head on anyone when sleeping in a stagecoach so you had to sit up if you wanted to sleep
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Travelers could rest in it if they got tired on a long trip
- It was the fastest and safest way to get around at that time
- Stagecoaches could fit a whole family in them easily
- Does not travel well in wet areas
- It would take 2 full days to travel 300 miles
- It was very bumpy so you could get sick very easily
Where can I sign up for this breathtaking event?
Don't waste anytime get your tickets now now at www.rideastagecoachtoday.org for a low price at just $10 per person, kids 10 and under free!
Stagecoach Driving in the Dakotas