AIDS IN AFRICA
Fighting for their lives
JUST THE FACTS
- Caused by sexual contact
- 95% of people with AIDS live in Africa
- Most people with AIDS live in a developing country
- 2/3 of the 40 million people in Africa have AIDS
- 2.1 million children are HIV/AIDS positive
- Destroys a persons ability to fight infections and cancers.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency (AIDS)
- Africa doesn't have good medical care, medicines, vaccines
- Everyday 1,000 kids are newly affected with HIV/AIDS
- Only 23% of children are receiving necessary treatment
- Aids epidemic began 25 years ago
How can we help?
- Have the US send money over to Africa
- Have the US help create hospitals in Africa
- Send nurses over to Africa occasionally to help people suffering from AIDS
- Give donations to send an organization (UNICEFUSA, World Vision)
- Start organizations
PLEASE HELP PUT A STOP TO AIDS. YOU CAN SAVE MANY LIVES!
Chevron Fights HIV/AIDS in South Africa