Devonna Reynolds & Alexus Gittens
- They acquired foods that had never been seen in Europe such as :
tomatoes, squash, pineapples, tobacco , cacao, maize, and potatoes
2. The manufactured goods are exchanged for slaves.
3. Slaves are shipped across the Atlantic to be sold in the Caribbean.
4.In the West Indies, sugar, coffee, and tobacco are transported back to Europe.
Africans vs. Natives
1. Unlike the Native Americans, the Africans had immunity to European diseases.
2.They had prior experience in farming.
3. Africans were unfamiliar with the land, making it hard to escape.
4. Skin color made it easy to capture if they did attempt to escape.