My Career - Orthodontist
Tasks and Responsibility
Examine, diagnose, and treat dental malocclusions and oral cavity anomalies. Design and fabricate appliances to realign teeth and jaws to produce and maintain normal function and to improve appearance.
Orthodontics are mostly responsible for locating problems with the positioning of patients' teeth and with their oral development.
High school Preparation
-Biology are all highly recommended.
- Four years of college
- Four years of Dental school
-Two to Three years of training
- knowing another language would be a advantage
- Extensive written and clinical certification and licensing exams.
Post-secondary Plan Requirements
UIC- college of dentistry - specialty in orthodontics
Southern Illinois university school of dental medicine -Commission on dental accreditation
Midwestern university college of dental medicine -Commission on dental accreditation
- Medicine within the dentist career
- Regular Dentist
-Specialties in mouth surgeries
- Critical Thinking
- being able to manage time
- Good hand coordination
Work Environment / Career Connections
- updating and using correct information
- Monitoring and controlling resources
Median hourly wage - &96.65