3 uses of the chemical
- Calcium hydroxide is soluble in water and forms a solution known as limewater which is used to test for carbon dioxide.
- It is also used in fresh water treatment for raising the pH of the water so that pipes will not corrode where the base water is acidic, because it is self-regulating and does not raise the pH too much.
- Another large application is in the paper industry, where it is used in the production of sodium hydroxide.
3 physical or chemical properties of the chemical
- It has a Hydrogen Bond Donor Count of 2
- It had a molecular weight of 74.09268 g/mol
- It has a Heavy Atom Count of 3
3 other facts about calcium hydroxide
- Calcium Hydroxide is made by treating lime(calcium oxide) with water
- It can cause severe skin irritation, chemical burns, blindness, or lung damage.
- In Spanish, calcium hydroxide is called cal.