The School Scoop
Never stop learning because life never stops teaching.
November 27, 2015
- Tuesday, December 1 - Teachers Observe Teachers form due (Google Form below)
- Wednesday, December 2 - Science PLC
- Friday, December 4 - 5th Grade UIL @ Caddo Mills
- Friday, December 4 - Student Dance - 5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 & 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30
- Wednesday, December 9 - Social Studies PLC
- Thursday, December 10 - College Day
- Thursday, December 10 - Conference Meetings with Ryan in the conference room
- Thursday, December 10 - Progress Reports
- December 14-16 - Quarterly Tests (see schedule below)
- Thursday, December 17 - Fundraiser Party 8:30-10:30
- Friday, December 18 - Early Release @ 1:25
- December 21- January 3 - Christmas Break - Yay!
- Monday, January 4 - Staff Development
A Season For Thanks
Twitter Quote of the Week
Shout out to Pat for providing the opportunity for students to come to Saturday School this past weekend! Thank you for taking care of our students!
Want to earn some extra cash for your classroom???
As you know, we always want our teachers on the cutting edge. We want you taking risks and utilizing out-of-the-box ideas to provide our learners with a premier education. An area we think can help us in that regard is to bring in experts in various fields to our students. Skype is an under-utilized resource that can do just that. With that being said, here's how you can earn some extra cash for your classroom:
We are having a Skype contest from now until the end of the semester. The winners will be chosen based on who provides the coolest, most educational Skype experience for their students. Winners will be chosen the last day of this nine weeks, with first place getting $200 to spend in their classroom, and the runner-up getting $100. Start putting your thinking caps on now about how you can provide a unique learning experience for your students.
Don't forget your first semester PBL...
Click this button to access the TOT form. Be sure to plan ahead so you can see a great lesson, rather than cramming something in last-minute and not getting to see an ideal lesson.
Either individually, or as a team, please nominate a student for Outstanding Student. This needs to be submitted by Wednesday, December 2nd. If it is a team decision, please indicate that.