Lake Louise School
October 17th, 2021
Meet Miss Pape, Interim Principal at Lake Louise
Meet Mrs. Walsh, Interim Assistant Principal at Lake Louise
Costume accessories are not encouraged as students will be wearing their costumes all day. Teachers will not be able to help students change into or out of costumes at school; which is why we are having parades in the morning and discouraging accessories and face make-up. As previously communicated through our District guidelines, students cannot have costumes that have weapons, blood, violence or items that may frighten younger children. Students will be required to wear their health face coverings/masks during the day. Costume masks are not permitted and face make up is not encouraged.
We are aware that some families do not celebrate Halloween or Fall Festivities. If you wish for your child to not participate in the parade or festivities, please reach out to your child’s classroom teacher. Thank you for your continued support! We are so happy to celebrate fall festivities with our students who deserve some extra fun!
Changes to Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Door 2 will no longer be used
Doors used for entrance during arrival:
Door 1: Busers Grades 1, 2, 3
Door 4: Walkers
Door 5: Car Riders
Door 8: Busers Grades 4, 5, 6
Door 17: ECDEC & Kindergarten
Doors used for exiting during dismissal:
- Door 1: Busers for all grade levels
- Door 4: Walkers/parent pick-up on foot
- Door 5: Car Riders
Dismissal Car Loop and Parent Pick-up
We have been reviewing our dismissal procedures at Lake Louise in order to improve our efficiency and safety. It is essential that we all follow our procedures so that all students can be picked up promptly and that our car pick-up line remains a safe process. Please read the following details carefully:
- Dismissal begins at 3:25pm Monday - Thursday and 2:35pm on Fridays
- Enter the car line by traveling south on Jonathan Drive and turning right into the South car lot.
- Pull as far forward as possible to the front of the student loading zone.
- Follow the posted signs for no loading/no parking. U-turns are prohibited in the south lot. Parking along the South exit path is prohibited. Parking within the lot spaces is prohibited.
- Stay aware throughout the car line. Reminder that cell phone use in a school zone is prohibited.
- Students will be released and loaded into cars in the student loading zone on the passengers side of the car. Please pull all the way forward.
- Students will not be allowed to cross into the parking lot or go across the exit path to waiting cars.
- Cars must be in the car line and within the student loading zone for students to be released.
- Stay in your car to keep the line moving.
- No parking in the lot, on the south side of the exit path, or in the apartment complex lot across the street.
- Exit the lot by turning right only onto Jonathan Drive.
**Half day Kindergarten and ECDEC dismissal procedures are not changing.
Lake Louise PTA
We are still looking for 30 more volunteers to decorate their cars for the Lake Louise Trunk or Treat on Saturday, Oct 23rd from 9:30-11am.
Sign up to decorate your car and reserve your spot....may the most creative/artistic design win!
For more information from the Lake Louise PTA, visit their website!
Upcoming District Events
District 15 will be holding Job Fairs on the following dates: Come apply onsite!
Monday, November 1, 2021
Monday, December 13, 2021
Monday, January 24, 2022
Monday, March 7, 2022
Palatine Library, 700 N. North Court, Palatine, IL 60067
We are looking for the following positions:
Bus Drivers - no experience necessary; paid training; free benefits (employee only); pension; paid holidays
Substitute Teachers and Substitute Program Assistants - set your own schedule!
Full time Program Assistants
Office and Library Clericals