Queen of Tejano Music
Selena's favorite flower is a rose. To be more specific a white rose. On most of her performances she can be seen hold this specific type of flower while she sang. A single white rose was always associated with her name. When you mention this flower to one of her fans they think of Selena. There was a delay in beginning production for the "No Me Queda Mas" video, because Selena wanted a white rose to be given to her in the video, not the red one that they had ready.
Selena's Dream for the future.
Like a white rose I believe beauty can't be stained or changed
we can only wilt away into something akin to death and depression
but there are those that are a really beautiful white shade.
Nobody is allowed to take that away from you.
But you can ruin it for yourself.
- "You have to take what you could get when you're getting started."
- "We went through a hard time, and we had to turn to music as a means to putting food on the table. And we've been doing it ever since. No regrets either."
- "We got laughed at. My father was told that we would never make it. It's gradual, a growing process. It's not like it came overnight."
- "When you get hard work you get success, and we put a lot of years into it."
- "We never thought we'd get this far, but we're here."
- "If you have a dream, don't let anybody take it away."
- "Always believe that the impossible is always possible."
- "Anybody can be a role model, anybody can."
- "Tejano music was hard for us because I was a girl. My dad had a lot of problems while trying to set up shows for us or presentations because there are a lot of men who don't think that women can get the attention of the public. But ... wrong!
- "It is difficult to believe that a loved one can mistreat you, but it is possible that you may be victim of family violence. If you are being hit, scared, or abused, you're not alone. Family violence concerns us all."
- "I feel very proud to be Mexican. I didn't have the opportunity to learn Spanish when I was a girl, but ... it's never too late to get in touch with your roots."
- "I'm very real, very sincere, and honest, and that's how I'll always be."
- "Music is not a very stable business. You know it comes and it goes, and so does money. But your education stays with you for the rest of your life."
- "The reason I'm really appreciative of everything that's going on around me is because of the fact that I never expected it, and I want to keep that attitude."
- "All I need to do is try and do the best that I can do."
- "You shouldn't care for somebody just because of the materialistic things that they have, and I'm a firm believer in that."
- "What I don't like are arrogant people. We're all equal. I don't like it when a person assumes to be better."
- Selena didn't know Spanish even though she was a Mexican- american. She was taught Spanish .
- Selena's actual last performance was for a charity.
- Tejano music literally means Tex-Mex
- Chris and Selena already had their future planed