Brennan Library Newsletter
The Place to Go When You Need to Know
Welcome Back Brennan Bears!!
Resources for the Library:
Class Reservations and Library Rooms:
- Reservations can be made at the circulation desk.
- Class reservations will require approval from the librarian.
- Any lessons/projects that will need the collaboration of the librarian will need to be arranged 2-3 days in advance.
- The library has two rooms that can be reserved for meetings or small groups.
- Reservations for more than a day must be approved by Harry Ostlund or Melissa Islas.
Remember all movies must be approved by Dr. Trimble or Mrs. Craig on a Visual Media Approval form giving permission to show a movie or DVD.
Harry Ostlund's Top 10 Helpful Library Tips:
- The librarian doesn't own the library...the teachers and students do...it's your home too!
- The library should be considered an "intellectual gymnasium."
- The best resource in the library is the librarian.
- Planning is a good thing.
- Recognize that the library provides access to both print and digital information.
- The librarian can be helpful in evaluating information found on the internet.
- The librarian can help create assessments for your students projects.
- The librarian can be your technology support center.
- The library can help your student's performance on standardized tests.
- The librarian will be your partner when trying new things.
Teachers may send up to 2 students at a time to check out books/research. Please make sure your students' full name is on the pass, time they left class, expected time to return, reason for visiting the library, and teacher's signature are required at all times. Listed below is the template for our library passes. You can also use the pink corridor pass as well.