Our Lady of Lourdes Newsletter
December 2023 Newsletter
Our students are taught the following during Advent:
- Advent means coming.
- Coming of Christ is a sign of great love God has for each of us.
- During Advent, we prepare our souls and hearts as we look forward to commemorating the coming of Christ on Christmas.
- We prepare through prayer, sacrifice, and good works.
- During this season, we reflect on the meaning of the coming of Christ into our everyday lives.
- We want our students to understand that the love we show others through gift-giving at Christmas is a reflection of God’s love for us.
- The remembrance of the first Christmas directs our minds and hearts to await Christ’s Second Coming at the end of time.
Special visitors come to Italian class at OLL
OLL welcomed Dott. ssa Ilaria Costa, Executive Director of the I.A.C.E. (Italian-American Committee on Education), Dott.ssa Annavaleria Guazzieri (Education Office Director of the Consolato Generale d'Italia a New ), and Dott.ssa Stefania Scotti Adult Teacher at the I.A.C.E. (Italian-American Committee on Education), who visited Ms. Luciana Curti and the 3rd grade during Italian class.
Congratulations to our Thanksgiving Raffle Winners!
Biobus visits OLL
Do you follow us on Social Media?
Parent Referral Program for the 2024-25 School Year
As a means of promoting continued growth in enrollment at Our Lady of Lourdes School, and to reward existing families for their efforts in helping to promote our schools, a Parent Referral Incentive Program will be offered for the 2024-2025 school year. Please see the form below. More information can also be found here: https://ollnyc.org/parent-referral-program. New student admissions opens November 30!
Students from LaSalle Academy and St. Jean Baptiste High School visited our Pre-K4 and Gr. 1 students for Christmas hands-on activities. Fun was had by all!
December was a very busy month at Our Lady of Lourdes School. Below is a snippet of the events we enjoyed. Photos will be posted January 2024.
- December 3: Reception with Cardinal Dolan (selected choir students)
- December 5: MyPlate! The Food Guide Musical
- December 15: Dancing Classrooms Ballroom Dance Performance
- December 15: Amahl and the Night Visitors opera (selected choir students)
December 19 - December 20: Christmas Concerts
December 22: Grade 3 Christmas Pageant
December 25 - January 1: Christmas Break
January 2: School resumes - Welcome back!
Have a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year
A Nativity Scene, by Ana Milian 8th grade, made with color pencils on drawing paper.
Our Lady of Lourdes School has educated the children of North Manhattan since opening its doors in 1912. At the root of our mission are Catholic values aimed at motivating and inspiring the future leaders of our nation. Our Lady of Lourdes School offers a rigorous academic curriculum infused with core character-building values for grades PreK-3 through 8th. OLL students are taught in a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment, receiving individualized attention to help them reach their fullest potential. We embrace students of varied abilities with diverse ethnic, linguistic and religious backgrounds. OLL’s talented and committed faculty and staff strive to enlighten and nurture the entire child. We conduct dynamic interactive lessons by following the most up-to-date teaching strategies, offering academic enrichment programs and utilizing the school’s many technological and academic resources.