April Parent Update
April 23rd, 2021
Parent Survey re: students attending 4 days vs 2 days
At Wednesday Nights meeting of the Snowline JUSD Board of Trustees, direction was given to district-level administrators to increase the number of in-person learning days from the current number of two per week to four per week as quickly, safely, and tightly aligned to public health guidelines as possible.
This means that we will address the necessary preparations with staff members, our bargaining groups, and all of you to increase the amount of in-person learning time to four half-days per week using the existing in-person learning schedules at our schools. The target date for this change is Monday, May 10. Confirmation of the starting day will be communicated soon.
The decision to increase learning time to four half-days per week was based on the recently updated guidelines from the California Department of Public Health that indicate that schools may and should open for in-person learning to the greatest extent possible. This includes the physical distancing recommendation that students maintain a minimum of three feet between themselves.
Working together to accomplish the effective transition to four half-days of in-person learning per week will be essential. The option to use at-home learning will remain. Please respond as soon as possible so that the necessary planning can be completed.
Thank you in advance for your help with this change that is designed to increase the in-person learning time for our students in service of their success. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a challenge like no other. We have been at our collective best when we have partnered with all of you on behalf of each child. This is another opportunity to meet that moment.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 to 11:55am.
- If you attend and your student is absent, he or she will be marked absent. They will not be expected to attend the afternoon REMOTE classes, but he or she will still need to make up the work they have missed.
- Wednesday's will stay the same on Remote Learning at 9am
Remote ONLY Students:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 1:00 to 3:40pm
- If you attend and your student is absent during Remote, he or she will be marked absent. There are no make-ups for absences, but he or she will still need to make up the work they have missed.
We will send out an UPDATE Schedule as soon as we make those corrections and we will post them on our Social Media as well as our school Website.
Thanks so much for your support.
8th Grade Promotion Event
Tuesday, June 8th, 1:30pm
10058 Arrowhead Road
Parents - Purchase 8th Grade Promotion YARD Signs for $10
If you are interested in purchasing these awesome yard signs in celebration of your 8th grader moving on to the next level, open the link to find out more information. They are $10 and paid at the front office. If you have any questions, please call the office for more info.
Please stay informed through our Social Media (@qvmscougars) and Site Council updates Under Parents section of our school website. qvms.snowlineschools.com
- New Master Bell Schedule for next year- Increase of instructional minutes per class and each student to attend English & Math classes daily. Continue with Advisory classes - encourages stability, consistency, social emotional connections, etc...
- Update and modernize front of school fencing from chain link to more secured wrought iron.
- Update and modernize MPR and Gym Sound and Media system
- Continue to increase SMART Board TV/Computer for Core classes and Electives.
- I & K -Buildings updated with new paint.
- Fire Road student bathrooms re-fitted with new ramp and painted.
- Wash sinks and water fountains around campus
- New Laptops for students next year