Land And Climate
- Nicaragua covers 50,336 sq. miles
- The climate is tropical.
- The average tempature is 80 degrees F.
- The dry season is from November to May.
- There are accasionally destructive hurricanes.
- The large forests are located in mountain areas
History and Goverment
- In 1552 the Spanish defeated Nicaragua
- They were ruled by Spain until 1821
- After a deadly earthquake General Somoza stole relief supplies.
- That started a Civil War.
- General Somoza was banished from Nicaragua.
- There are 15 provinces.
- You have to be to vote is 16.
- Nicaragua is the poorest country in Central America.
- The Economy is the goverments biggest problem.
- They have a patential for a much stronger economy.
- 46% live in Poverty.