Week of March 5
THE BIG 4: Targets for 2017-2018
- Instructional Technology
- Personalized Learning
- Progress Monitoring
- Making Connections
There have been quite a few changes to include the safety training review and activity for March 14. I would chunk the old and print the new if you like paper copies.
Important Dates This Week:
NEW NEW NEW-----BUCKET SESSION WEEK
3/6- Bucket Session during all plannings- 4th period at 11:30- You do not need your computers.
3/6- Google Certification in the MC 4:00
3/6- Seat Time Recovery Resumes 4-7
3/7- Tornado Drill 9:00
3/8- Mandatory Faculty Meeting with Mr. Imperati at 8:15
3/8- Jr. Class Ring Delivery
3/8- Seat Time Recovery 4-7
This IS NOT the safety plan in its entirety and should not be treated as such. If you have questions, please see Mr. Smith.
- Make sure your safety plan and safeceivers are accessible for substitutes and information is noted in your plans regarding where to locate these items.
- Mr. Smith will be presenting a safety refresher and answer questions at the Bucket Session.
- Review LD procedures and know when you continue teaching and when you cover doors and take cover away from view.
- We are providing a quick reference safety sheet to substitutes each day as they enter. This does not replace the safety plan you leave for the subs to access.
What are we doing to honor the victims of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting?
- We will have a special assembly following 1st period in the gym for all students. A schedule will be sent out to all teachers and students.
- Students and teachers may wear maroon and gray (MSDHS Colors)
- Our school was chosen as THE school from SC to create and send a banner to the Florida high school.
Parents are allowed to get students out of school early. However, the day counts against their attendance. They may make-up the missed work without penalty.
Important Dates Next Week:
3/13- Full LD 3rd
3/14- Dpt Chair Meeting 7:45
3/14- Special morning activity schedule
3/15- Grad Rate Meeting 7:45 in Mrs. Jenkin's Room
3/16- Morning Activity Schedule for Ban the R Wood
3/19- We report to school bc we used our snow day
CAREER ASSESSMENT INFORMATION FOR ALL 11th GRADERS- April 18
In June 2017, the EAA through ACT 94, required that a Career Readiness Assessment be administered to all grade eleven students (9GR-16) with two exceptions
1) The assessment must not be administered to any student with a disability, whose IEP team determines and agrees in writing that taking the assessment would not be aligned with the student’s program of study.
2) Students who meet the eligibility criteria for alternate assessment and the IEP team has determined that a career readiness assessment is appropriate will continue to take one of the approved career ready transition assessments identified by Greenville County’s Special Education Department.
o Grade 11 students (9GR-16) will be administered WIN via the paper format on April 18. Make-up testing, if needed, will be administered on April 25.
o WIN consists of four timed tests with timings (not previously available):
· WIN Ready to Work Applied Mathematics 34 items 55 minutes
· WIN Ready to Work Locating Information 21 items 55 minutes
· WIN Ready to Work Reading for Information 34 items 55 minutes
· WIN Essential Soft Skills Assessment 40 items 60 minutes
Career Fair March 27!!!!!!!!!!
It is that time to sign up for our Career Fair!! The Career Fair will be held in the main gym this year from 8:45-11:30. We are asking for this to be 11th and 12th grade students, as many companies will be looking to hire students. If you’re interested in bringing your class of 11th or 12th grade students, please use the Google Form link below to sign up your class. You can choose 1st, 2nd, or 3rd period. I will send out more information closer to the event, including a list of companies who are scheduled to attend. We would like for students to be more engaged with companies, instead of standing around and talking to one another. Any ideas or incentives for student engagement would be helpful! Last year, I did a BINGO card for candy.
Google Link: https://goo.gl/forms/dRObslRi4j6hnYuZ2
Woodmont High School
Woodmont International Baccalaureate High School is a comprehensive high school which strives to promote a climate of respect, knowledge, and caring while creating active, productive, lifelong learners who understand the multicultural world in which we live.
"Woodmont High is committed to providing educational experiences that prepare its students to be productive citizens of the 21st Century. Our school motto-Scientia est Potentia (Knowledge is Power)-serves as a constant reminder of our mission to prepare students for the challenges of adulthood."