apPLE for the teacher
Your hub for the latest in Personalized Learning.
Technology in Education: Building our Future
As we bring 2014 to a close to recharge for a new calendar year, think about how far you have come! You have stepped out into the murky waters of the unknown and are navigating them very well if I may say so! Be proud of what you have accomplished, but don't settle there. Watch this video to challenge yourself to keep going further....
Are your tech integrated lessons building skills in:
- Divergent Thinking?
Remember the SAMR model. No matter where you fall, make your tech-integrated lessons meaningful!
Transforming Education: PD Sessions
Informal (refresher) sessions will be held this week. This week's topic: Sending/Receiving assignments via the tablet & quiz updates. Sessions will be held this week after school on the following days:
- Kernodle: Tuesday, 12/2 @ 4:10 (Lower Lab)
- Kiser: Wednesday, 12/3 and Thursday, 12/4 @ 3:30 (Computer Lab 2)
If these days/times do not work for you and you'd like me to visit a small group during your planning, just let me know!
December Focus: mClass Beacon
- mClass Beacon is a tool that can become a part of your assessment process.
- As a formative assessment option, there are pre-made quizzes based on standards and the opportunity to create quizzes using a robust item bank.
- Because the questions are CCSS-aligned, this tool is best used in the Math and ELA classrooms.
- Training on the pre-made assessments, called Quick Checks, are coming to a content meeting near you! Training on the create-your-own assessments will soon follow.
- Check out the basics here: http://www.amplify.com/assessment/mclass-beacon
- Beacon is a part of our Amplify package, so I highly encourage you to consider making this a part of your assessment routine.
- Check out some highlights below:
Easy-to-view snapshot of related standards and students' mastery of skills.
How it works
Create your assessments, administer (paper or via tablet), analyze the results and plan for further instruction.
Choose your method
Whether administered via paper or digitally, this is a great tool to help you better know your learner by guiding with standards so that you can flex your environment to meet the needs of all students!
How it works
Tablet and Tech Tips
December Cheat Sheet
Charging the Tablets
Found a new app? Want to see it in the Amplify Market?
Follow the steps according to the GCS app approval process. In a nutshell:
- Download the desired app on your tablet and spend some time with it looking at its functionality, advertisements and overall best uses.
- Complete the app approval rubric.
- Finally, submit the completed rubric to your school's MTAC committee (contact your Media Specialist).
- Your part is complete!
Click here for the app approval process and rubrics (find links at the bottom of the page).
*Please keep in mind, this can be a lengthy process so students will not have access to the requested app right away. Please plan accordingly. Also, this is the process for free apps only. Paid app policies are being determined at this time.
7th Grade ELA
Source: K. Hall @ Kiser Middle
Teachers love Kahoot and are using it as a fun interactive way to pre-assess and review content. New to Kahoot? Check out this brief SMORE dedicated to Kahoot.
8th Grade ELA
Source: M. Boger @ Kernodle Middle